The DC/NoVa Gamer's Guild Message Board › New Champions 6e Campaign LFM

New Champions 6e Campaign LFM

Jason Soleil
SoleilNoir
Washington, DC
Post #: 158
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Having just got back into gaming after a hiatus of a couple of years, I'm looking to put together a new Champions campaign in the DMV area. Details are a bit sketchy at the moment -- I want very much for the world I create to be a collaborative process, tailored to the likes and dislikes of my players -- but it will most likely be set in the modern day with a "Standard Supers" power level (400 pts. with 75 pts. in Matching Complications, 50-75 Active Points for main Powers, etc.)

One thing I do know is that I want roleplaying to factor into the game at least as much as combat or the Villain Of The Week -- not looking to create a soap opera, but I do want to see recurring villains, ongoing rivalries, and characters (both PC's and NPC's) with definite arcs who grow and change over time.

It looks like I've got two players inked so far, and I'm looking to assemble 2-3 more for a core group. We currently are set to play on alternate Saturday evenings with me hosting in the Silver Spring area, although that's subject to change based on the preferences and distribution of the players.

One other comment I'll make: I want to be able create a more consistent and intimate roleplaying experience, and not have characters drifting in and out of the storyline because their players only show up when they don't have anything better to do; so unless you're prepared to commit to making time in your schedule for this game and an attendance rate of 80-90%, this probably isn't the campaign for you.

Right now I'm the discussion board for the campaign out of the DMV Hero System Group; so if you're interested please come on by and sign up, or contact me directly at jasonsoleil at yahoo.com.

Hope to hear from you soon!