addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The DC/NoVa Gamer's Guild Message Board › Introductions

Introductions

A former member
Post #: 1
Hey all, I'm a 26 y/o Navy vet from NJ who has lived in DC for coming up on two years now. I started with a game me and some friends in high school played called Mutant Chronicles, and instantly loved the small scenarios. We later decided to step it up a notch and try their parent game, Warzone.

Last weekend I attended the Game Day 2008 in Baltimore to see the Warhammer Online booth and get a chance to meet the developers. While there I got to notice the world of Warhammer 40k, and how it seemed at a glance very similar to Warzone. I would like to get back into one of these types of games, and I'm hoping to find some help here.
A former member
Post #: 425
Welcome to the group! We do indeed have some 40k players among us, myself included. I'll keep you posted the next time we play.

BTW, word on the street is that Fantasy Flight games has the license for Warzone and Mutant Chronicles and is re-releasing them in 54mm plastics. Check it out and let us know the status!

Games Day was awesome last weekend!
A former member
Been doing more computer RPG than real life RPG for a while, but I'm interested in starting it up again. Played a lot of D&D (2nd ed., before they went to versions (3.5?, c'mon)) in high school and ran a Warhammer (medieval, not 40K) campaign for a while in college. That was a while ago. Think I might be able to get my wife into it with the right group if anyone's interested in starting something up. If I can't get her, there's definitely me though. I've got work & all during the week, but evenings are possible, and definitely weekends make sense. Let me know!
A former member
Post #: 2
Hey guys, my wife and I just moved to Alexandria. We have been playing rpgs for some time, and both of us were President of our gaming club at Texas A&M University. I also helped run the RPGA games at our convention for several years. We have played a lot of different games over the years, and enjoyed almost all of them.

We are excited about D&D 4th Edition, and are hoping to find a campaign to join in. We are available Saturday and Sunday nights, and live in Alexandria across the street from the Eisenhower Metro. My wife loves to play hostess, so we'll gladly offer our place for gaming. We'd prefer to play, but if we can't find a GM, I'll GM a campaign myself.
A former member
Post #: 436
Welcome to the fold, Andrew!
A former member
Hello my name is Rigel and as my profile indicates i am in DC for the next 5 months until mid-December. I was in the middle of running a 4e campaign back home, however, given my short time here (in dnd terms) I am hoping someone will let me jump into their campaign as a player. I want to become more familiar with the system, as when I return I need to run a campaign that is gangbusters back in Los Angeles.

I have been a dnd player for 10 years my longest running character was for about 4 of those years. Love to roleplay and I always try to find a way to make my character as interesting as possible (without being the distracting-center-of-attention-over-hyp­henated-guy) so if anyone has a place where i can jump in and you need another player please let me know. Weekends work best given my current job obligations.

Thanks all hope to have a great dnd experience in DC.

-Rigel
A former member
27 y/o here, living in DC.

I've played many systems since 1993. Magic the Gathering and Dungeons And Dragon remain the two most often played games.

I like a variety of tactical and roleplay, though some of my favorite tabletop moments have been in story-heavy game systems like Werewolf & Changeling.

I also like boardgames.

I would be interested in something akin to the Game of Thrones D20 or Tri-Stat System game.

However, I would like to play in a 4th edition D&D game near where I live (my reason for joining). Ideally, it'd be inclusive enough to introduce my fiance to the gaming world. I find 4th edition to be very fun during the combats, where everyone has something to do, at any level of involvement or gamer intensity and fairly good balance of classes and powers (stats disparity still seems to play heavy in all d20 systems).

Weekends are my best time due to work, but I'm open to anything for a test-run. I am also willing to GM (though I'd most likely do a store-bought module...which I enjoy running as well).

Alex
Todd
user 10225562
Arlington, VA
Post #: 4
Hey,

Um, been gaming for a while now. Mostly RPG's--D&D, Storyteller, Call of Cthulhu. Others off and on over the years. Also like a few board games--big fan of Arkham Horror. Mainly interested in playing, as I'm trying to broaden my horizon a bit, but I always like GMing. My default would probably Vampire: The Masquerade, as it's the system I've run the most and most familiar with.

I would love to try out a FATE/FUDGE based game though.

All in all, just happy to be here...
A former member
Post #: 5
Just moved to the area from New Orleans...no I do not have the accent lol....anyway I've been playing RPG's since I was ten and now I'm 35. I've ran mostly D&D, PAlladium, GURPS, Shadowrun, white wolf games, Cyberpunk, and Remlar. I don't mind running games or playing them.
Cory
user 11110158
Woodbridge, VA
Post #: 3
Introduce myself, eh? My name is Cory and am an enlisted member of the air force. I've played RPGs since high school. I've spent most of my time as a game master. I've ran Star Wars with four different groups. The longest running group ran for over three years. There was a LOT of history in that game. Hah. However, I've also been on the player side in D&D, Vampire: The Masquerade, and Mech Warrior(hard as hell, hah).

I believe strongly in the words ROLE PLAYING in role playing game. That being the case, I always place a strong emphasis on memorable charchters and impactive choices. As a game master I take it one step further and provide a rich story with a main arc and several smaller stories along the way...often birthed from the player character's own backgrounds.

I hope to meet a lot of fun people and maybe even host a game myself.