addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The DC/NoVa Gamer's Guild Message Board › Introductions

Introductions

Mike B.
user 17797931
Falls Church, VA
Post #: 1
Hello all,

I host routine 40k gaming at my place in Falls Church, run the semi-popular subject matter Whiskey & 40k blog (http://whiskey40k.com...­) and run the NOVA Open, hosting one of the largest 40k singles GT's in the world (256 players, 8 rounds), along with a bunch of different side and social events, including Malifaux, Warmachine, Fantasy, and more.

http://novaopen.com...­

Happy to host new 40k gamers or vets at my place any time along with the rest of our usual group, and looking to see a better Virginia presence at the NOVA Open, which hosts players from over 42 US states and 7 countries!

- Mike Brandt
A former member
Post #: 3
Hello fellow gamers!

My fiancee and I just moved into the Alexandria area and are looking to find a D&D playgroup nearby. We've been running a play-by-post campaign since the start of the year, but we'd really like to get back into tabletop gaming with a new group of people. We're both fairly experienced with D&D, and prefer the 3.5 and Pathfinder systems.

If there are any groups with openings, or groups being put together, please let us know. Thanks!

- Jason and EmmA
A former member
Hey folks,
New guy in the Alexandria area, just moved here from upstate NY. Been playing D&D in it's various forms for about fifteen years now, and more than a few other RPGs through the time. Looking to meet some people and maybe find a game in the area.
A former member
Recent transplant to the area, living in North Beach, MD, on the west side of the bay. Been gaming in general for about 15 years, but have not played in the last 2 or 3. Played with D&D since v2.0, played various d20 spinoffs from 3.5s basic rule set, played with some white wolf games, both table top and Larp (vampire). My favorite system has to be Immortal, the invisible war, which almost no one has ever heard of, and it is a dead system.

I have DMed 4-5 games of D&D 3.5, and 3 games of Immortal. All of those lasted between several months to a couple years in length. I really like telling overarching stories when I DM, with a peppering of side-quests to change the tone once in a while.

I'm looking to either hop into a group, or (second choice) DM a game where I don't have to travel too far. If you need a player or are looking to get in on the ground floor of a new game, hit me up.
Charles
dcguy18
Washington, DC
Post #: 2
I been playing RPG since the super nintendo era but the idea of gaming was never an option for me as a teen.

As I'm an adult geek who like geek related things I my initial impression of D&D and interest with it has been based off handily from reading role playing web comics such as The Order of the Stick, DM of the Rings, and Darth and Droids.

My interest to actually find a group to start playing with came from watching the Community D&D episode. I then looked and found a meetup group and started playing 4E through March-July until personal biases lead to the group to "phase me out" with out warning. I was hurt for awhile and now I want to play again by finding a new group for 2012.

A former member
Hey everyone! I moved to Alexandria last July, and while my wife and I have managed to keep up a healthy weekly boardgame schedule, RPGs have fallen off the map. It's always tough to find a group of people that you click with in gaming, and also are on the same schedule as you, so we didn't try very hard. However, I am looking to attempt to either join or form a small group to play different games. I have the books for Pathfinder (who doesn't at this point!), but am primarily interested in trying out the Warhammer 40K Deathwatch system and kill heretics as a Space Marine for a while.

As I said, I'm in Alexandria, and wouldn't mind meeting anyone interested in either of these systems. Once we've agreed that it looks like things could work out, we have plenty of space to host in a gaming room in our house. We're about 3 miles from the Van Dorn Metro station, but live in a house with plenty of parking available. Shoot me a message if interested!
Patrick
user 11891180
Manassas, VA
Post #: 2
Hello im Patrick a Fan of d20 pen in paper as well as online mmo i moved to Manasseh VA in October from Pueblo Colorado losing my group of pc and dms down there and im in search for some more around my area
im even willing to host some games at my house as i have room to do so any questions or comments just hit me up and we can discuss them.
Paul
user 63069432
Chevy Chase, MD
Post #: 8
Hello all! I moved to the DC area several months ago with my fiance. I've been gaming for.... almost ten years? Most of my experience is in 3.5 and pathfinders, but I dabble in all sorts of game systems. I'm looking for any and all games, so if you need a player, I'm interested. I enjoy role playing as much as dice rolling, but my only disclaimer is that I'm a HORRIBLE actor. But I firmly believe that all you need to be a good gamer is a desire to have fun, genuinely try to learn new things, and be willing to play new games when a group introduces them. I've got all three qualities cold, so keep me in mind if you have a spot open!

About a month and a half after this post, I'll be trying to run games, too. But that is later, this is now.
A former member
Post #: 189
Hello all,
I actually belonged to this meetup a couple of years ago but didn't have the time so I had to leave. Now I have the time :P. I've been a table top gamer for a little more than 1/4 century with an experience that crosses the board. Probably if you name a Table top game I have at least tried it. As a person I tend to be laid back and easy to get along with. As a GM I am open ended and not linear. Originally from just south of New Orleans I moved up here about 4 years ago.
John
user 91839282
Woodbridge, VA
Been playing off and on for about 25 years. Looking for games in the Woodbridge area. Tired of traveling to Timbuktu in the DC Metro for games, but I can travel a little bit sometimes. smile I have a suggested meetup to play some 3.5 D&D set in Ravenloft if anyone is interested.