The DC/NoVa Gamer's Guild Message Board › Looking for Co-Leaders

Looking for Co-Leaders

Jason H.
Starcry
Group Organizer
Denton, TX
Post #: 10
This Meet-up Starts many games, however many of these games dont get tracked on the site, causing it to look dead. Ive personally been to 3 games that started from this meetup that where not listed. I am looking for a couple people willing to step up as Co-Organizers, or prefered the current leaders, to help get events recorded and to help people who want to start events. Also I would like to have a back up leader whom I could hand the guild off too in case I become unable to lead.

We should never have the guild simply sitting open as sadly there are bad companies out there that would pay the small fee and turn us into an advertising place for their game. This Guild has had 284 RECORDED meet ups. Considering the number of those meet ups that turned into weekly games that are no longer being recorded I think this guild is doing the job it was meet for. To bring gamers together. So I hope to get some responses from this. I have no set "Job" for co-leaders. If there is something you think you can give to the guild just bring it up. Even if its just organizing meet-ups, Keeping track of the message boards, anything.

Finally I think a Meet and Greet is LONG overdue. I am horrible at organizing these kind of things but it could see a pretty good sized turn out, so anyone intrested in helping me with this let me know!

Thank you all!
Your current Organizer,
Jason
Dark
drgames
Garrisonville, VA
Post #: 172
Hi Jason,

I would be glad to help other folks organize their events with you.

On the Meet & Greet topic, there are lots of ways to go with that from converging on an already operating eatery, to reserving a room at such a place, to having at someone's home, etc.

It really depends on how many folks we think will actually show up.

The safest route is probably converging on an existing place that is not too far from a metro stop. The iHop near Ballston metro and the diner that other gaming groups use near Clarendon come to mind, but it might be a fruitful discussion topic.

If we set a date and time a few weeks out, we could get a very general feel for attendance before selecting the exact location.

What do you think?

In service,

Rich
Dave W.
manictao
Gainesville, VA
Post #: 148
Before stepping down (and believe me when I say that I've had second thoughts about it but my RL commitments are outweighing my "free time" by a vast margin) I was talking with another Organizer for another one of the D&D boards on doing a 'cross-Meetup' game day sort of thing, with cross promotions on both boards to get players interested and GMs matched with people who are looking for games. As Jason said, there are a lot of games that don't get tracked that this Meetup group has served as a catalyst for so some focus could be done on that as well.
I threw out a Savage Worlds fantasy game that I will be running - IF I get the playership, and I planned on making it a reoccurring Event on the Meetup group just to get more people to post their games. One overwhelming glitch I see is that when a game master gets a regular group that he likes and they form a bond, then he removes the game from the Meetup group because he is not looking for other players and he (or she) wants to keep the game going privately - I know I've been subject to that. So the question is...how do you overcome things of that nature?
Jason H.
Starcry
Group Organizer
Denton, TX
Post #: 11
As far as second thoughts dave your place is always waiting for you. As you know I am really only able to be a figure head more than anything. I have spoken with Troll and Toad a well as Comics and Gaming about being a sponsor for the guild. That could range from Discounts or free shipping to memebers all the way to paying for the meetup.

I am pretty much homebound at this time Dark so If you would like to work towards setting up a meet and greet that would be amazing. The idea of a cross-meetup thing would not be bad either.

As far as the groups that start here and go private are, I think we just need it Tracked by the first game, and then having them leave a group review that they started their group here. This lets us know how much behind the Scenes stuff we have going on.

Pardon my spelling its early and im not in the best of shape.
Dark
drgames
Garrisonville, VA
Post #: 173
@Dave & @Jason, who is the other Meetup Leader who would like to do the joint Meet & Greet? In service, Rich
Dave W.
manictao
Gainesville, VA
Post #: 149
Brandon over at the Northern Virginia Dungeons & Dragons meetup group.
Dark
drgames
Garrisonville, VA
Post #: 174
Just sent a note to Brandon.
Dark
drgames
Garrisonville, VA
Post #: 175
No answer yet, but it is the holidays.