Meet in the Middle Vegan Potluck Picnic!
Damascus Recreational Park--Shelter B
23723 Kings Valley Rd Damascus, MD 20872
Shelter/Parking Location Google Map: http://goo.gl/maps/QJRIh
*Please Note: Due to park permit restrictions, attendance at this potluck is limited to 125 people. In addition to signing up on the Meetup site, you must RSVP using the link below to reserve your spot! If necessary, please email any changes/cancellations to Amy ([masked]).* https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Dj4kU2TC7lC7lZGffwMpUU9Vg5z1LR0_rHGEi4h60kE/viewform
Interested in meeting other vegan, vegetarian, and veg friendly/curious folks from all over Maryland, DC, northern Virginia, eastern West Virginia, and south central Pennsylvania? Want to enjoy a relaxed, family-friendly gathering and great vegan food? Whether you're just curious about vegetarianism or you're a veg veteran and wish you had more plant-based pals in the area, come share a meal and expand your veg social circle!
Let's get our groups together in a central location to meet, network, and enjoy vegan food. Our reserved picnic tables will be sheltered, so please plan to join us rain or shine! Want to carpool to the picnic? Use this list to find or offer a ride: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AljXqtZBpe5-dHVBQnJrY3NhZmVQVy1MMEF2SVRJVHc
- Your family and friends--all ages are welcome!
- A dish to serve 8-10 people that contains no animal products: no meat, egg, dairy (or their derivatives), honey, or sugar processed with bone char (see http://www.vrg.org/journal/vj2007issue4/2007_issue4_sugar.php if you are not familiar with this issue)
- A serving utensil for your dish
- A recipe card or list of ingredients to help those with allergies or food sensitivities
- A place setting (plate, bowl, cup & utensils) to ensure that we have enough to go around without using disposable stuff
- A drink because the closest water fountain is not very reliable
- A picnic blanket or chairs in case all the tables are covered with delicious food :)
- A bike or walking shoes if you want to explore the trails: http://www.montgomeryparks.org/PPSD/ParkTrails/trails_MAPS/trailmap_pdfs/Magruder_trail.pdf
- Alan's cell phone number in case you need help on the day of the event:[masked]
Please do not bring:
- Four-legged friends
- Anything that requires electricity
- Alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, and personal grills due to park regulations
Willing to pack a few other picnic supplies? This is what we need:
Don't forget to RSVP using this form--space is limited! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Dj4kU2TC7lC7lZGffwMpUU9Vg5z1LR0_rHGEi4h60kE/viewform