DC RAW! Message Board › Nettle & Wheatgrass

Nettle & Wheatgrass

A former member
Post #: 52
Has anyone tried nettle leaves? Any place to get it fresh? Thanks.
Carla D.
user 14345400
Washington, DC
Post #: 2
ATBGO:

Haven't tried them, but I have found them at my local Asian Market (H-Mart). When you do try them, let us know, okay?
A former member
Post #: 53
ATBGO:

Haven't tried them, but I have found them at my local Asian Market (H-Mart). When you do try them, let us know, okay?

Thanks- wiil do!
Sonia
user 8764415
Washington, DC
Post #: 4
Are you using it to grow hair? I was listening to David Wolfe and he was saying there is Silicon and Sulfur in high amounts in the Nettle leaves and is good to strengthen hair. He said throw it in the juicer.
Sharon
wildsuccess.us
Virginia Beach, VA
Post #: 173
Nettles grow near wet areas - you want the STINGING nettles - there are look-a-likes and spring is the time to harvest. Wear gloves!!!

You can buy dried nettles, which also work well. Usually in the supplement bulk section (like at MOMs).

I've used both and find them both to be effective. For the fresh ones, blend with water, strain and use the liquid. For dried you can just throw them in or make a nice tea.
Carla D.
user 14345400
Washington, DC
Post #: 3
Thanks for that info! I've heard great things about nettle tea. Will try!
A former member
Post #: 61
I purchased some organic nettle (dried, loose). It has a unique flavor. Also, I blended it with green tea. - I like it.