Join fellow meetup members at the recently opened Techshop space for a Saturday of robot building. This event is for:
• Anyone new to robotics or related technologies, with or without a project in mind but ready to get started (project ideas below)
• Experts looking to help others and network
• Roboticists with ongoing projects looking for a dedicated time to build, learn from others, and collaborate
• Sparki (Arduino-based kit, out of the box ready)
• Mini sumo robot (Arduino-based)
• Humanoid robot kit
• 4WD mobile robot (Arduino-based)
• Hexapod walking robot
• Fire-fighting robot
Looking for more ideas or have questions on what to get? Post in the event comments below and we'll help you out.
What to bring
• Laptop or device for any software development work
• Supplies and parts (for yourself or to share)
• Snacks (for yourself or to share)
What Techshop is providing
• Access to tools cart (typical workbench tools)
• Free WiFi
• Dedicated workbenches for duration of the event
• Facility tours
Note: If you are interested in getting access to other Techshop equipment such as 3D printers, metal shop, wood shop, etc., you must have taken the appropriate safety classes and either be a member or pay for a day pass (about $150). Techshop members and day-pass subscribers are exempt from the $20 donation.
Waiver signatures are required to enter Techshop facilities and this process will be available beginning at 10:30 am.