DC Robotics Group Message Board › Soccer-kicking robots with DC United

Soccer-kicking robots with DC United

David P.
user 14078911
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Hi everyone,

I'm excited to share that I was recently approached by a member of the DC United front office about their interest in hosting a robotics demo before a home game this season. We're still in the early stages of planning but I would like to gauge the group's interest in participating in this.

The current idea is to have a tournament of robots that will compete one-on-one in "kicking" a soccer ball into a goal. Depending on the number of entries, the tournament could span across a few home games. If you're familiar with DC United's Lot 8 for tailgates, this is where it would take place. The tournament winner will receive a variety of swag from the team, and who knows, maybe we can get some players involved!

This could be a fun challenge, especially for mechanical engineers and teams with existing mobile robots like FIRST! I'll be reaching out to other robotics/hobbyist groups in the area as well, but please let me know if you or your team/students/children would be interested in this. I will be getting back to them at the end of this week so I would need to know before then.

Thanks,

David

DC Robotics Group Organizer