|Sent on:||Sunday, September 4, 2011 9:26 AM|
I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
When: Sunday, September 4,[masked]:15 PM
Where: DanceSport Dupont Circle
2201 P St NW (zip 20037)
Washington, DC 20037
Event fee: $12.00, $95/10-class dance card
This Meetup repeats every week on Sunday.
TODAY!Sun classes&dancing! Beg Ballroom/Tango/SalsaOn 1&2/Rueda/Swing/2Step/MORE
Join us 'OUT on the DANCE FLOOR' on Wednesdays and Sundays during 'DanceSport at Dupont Circle'!
Join us for our new OUT on the Dance Floor program of classes and practice at historic Dupont Circle, Washington DC every Wednesday from 6:15pm-10:30pm and most Sundays (unless posted in advance here) from 3pm-11pm during 'DanceSport at Dupont Circle', located 2 blocks from the Dupont Circle red line Metro at 2201 P St NW.
Adult classes take place every 45 minutes with 2-3 dance styles and sometimes multiple levels and teachers at once from 6:15 to 9:15pm on Wednesdays and 3pm-6pm on Sundays followed by FREE teacher-assisted open dancing and practice (to 10:15pm on Wednesdays and 11pm on Sundays).
Sunday schedule starting on Sept 4 and detailed Wed schedule found below or online at www.OutOnTheDanceFloor.com, www.DanceSportDupont.org or contact by email at [address removed]
ABSOLUTELY NO PREVIOUS DANCE EXPERIENCE OR PARTNER NECESSARY FOR ADULT CLASSES. ALL ARE WELCOME, INCLUDING SINGLES, COUPLES, SAME-GENDER COUPLES AND THE SEEING AND HEARING IMPAIRED (LIMITED AVAIL)
(future youth classes before 6:00pm require leader and follower partners, though they can be partners of the same gender. All partners will switch often throughout each class).
Complete Sunday 'DanceSport at Dupont Circle' schedule
3:15pm - 4:00pm:
1) Beginner SalsaOn1 ~ (taught by Earl Rush of StuckOnSalsa [out this week ...covered by Mein])
2) Beginner Salsa Rueda ~ Casino Style Cuban Salsa danced in a Circle (taught by Mein Son Mas)
3) Dominican style Bachata shines and footwork (starting Sept 11 taught by Hecter Chavez and Latin Dance Vibe)
4) intermediate West Coast Swing ~ (taught by Greg Scott and Lemery Rollins - not on Sept 4 - dates not conflicting with competition schedule to-be-announced here)
5) Beginner Salsa On2 New York Style technique, styling balance, rotation, etc ~ (beginner technique class, though
EXCELLENT for all levels - Mambo and technique expert Psyn Mauricio Scott)
4:00pm - 4:45pm:
1) Intermediate SalsaOn1 (taught by Earl Rush of StuckOnSalsa EARL OUT THIS WEEK, SEPT 4 but taught by Mein)
2) ALL LEVELS Beginner Salsa On2 New York Style technique, styling balance, rotation, etc ~ (POSSIBLY MOVING TO THIS TIME SLOT SEPT 11. Considered beginner technique class, though EXCELLENT for all levels - Mambo and technique expert Psyn Mauricio Scott)
3) Beginner West Coast Swing (taught by Mein Son Mas AT 4:45 THIS WEEK ONLY)
4) Salsa On2, New York Style ~ (intermediate + turn patterns and shines - Psyn Mauricio Scott)
3) Beginner International Ballroom ~ Waltz in Sept (taught by Sunny Kwa or Terry Chasteen) (included as one of the beginner level competitive dances for Gay Games 2014, Cleveland).
4:45pm - 5:30pm
1) Beginner West Coast Swing (taught by Mein Son Mas TAUGHT AT 4:45 THIS WEEK ONLY. STARTING NEXT WEEK AT 4:00PM)
2) Beginner International ChaChaCha in Sept ~ (taught by Sunny Kwa or Terry Chasteen) (included as one of the beginner level competitive dances for Gay Games 2014, Cleveland).
3) Dance-at-Your-Wedding Workshop ~ Beginner Social Ballroom, Latin and Swing (taught by Terry Chasteen)
1) C/W Two Step - technique and basics for all levels (taught by Mein for social dancing and Gay Games 2014, Cleveland)
2) International Jive - technique and basics for all levels in Sept (taught by Sunny Kwa or Terry Chasteen) (included as one of the beginner level competitive dances for Gay Games 2014, Cleveland).
Social dancing and practice in all dance styles to 7:00 and then Argentine Tango only after 7pm during the adjacent Tango class. Includes teacher assistance, refreshments and desserts with ice cream. FREE to anyone taking any class throughout the day or $5 for just the dancing and practice.
7-8pm Beginner Argentine Tango (taught weekly by Terry Chasteen) and int/adv at the same time (Int/adv taught by Katya Merezhinsky but ONLY IF FREEDOM PLAZA CANCELS DUE TO RAIN).
$15, $10 full-time students with ID; $95/10-class dance card --
$8 for MILONGA only at 8pm with DJ David Liu starting Sept 11 or FREE when taking any Sunday class. Each of the above pricing options includes class admission plus social dancing and practice in all dance styles from 6-7:30pm and in Argentine Tango from 8-11pm [$8 for milonga only with DJ David Liu starting Sept 11] plus refreshments and desserts with ice cream.
The Church of the Pilgrims Fellowship Hall
2201 P St. NW, Washington DC 20037
(Use entrance with balloons at the very corner of 22nd & P - two blocks W. of the P St exit
of the Dupont Circle red line Metro - between 22nd & 23rd and between P and Q)
$12/drop-in class including dances at 6 and 8pm.
(each class of 45 minutes is taught by different teachers so each class must be charged separately)
$15 Tango 7pm-8pm
(one hour class to 8pm with two levels and two teachers at once, which includes teacher-assisted Tango dancing to 11pm with talented DJ David Liu)
$10/class Full time students with ID
$5 for Ballroom, Latin, Swing, Tango, etc social dancing & practice from 6:15-7:30
(FREE to anyone taking any Sunday class. Tango music only from 7-7:30 as there'll be a Tango class going on at the same time needing Tango music)
$8 Argentine Tango milonga from 8pm-11pm or FREE if taking any Sunday class.
(with DJ David Liu)
$95/10-class dance card good for any class taught by Terry and associate teachers here or any future DC & Md locations (including future Hollywood Ballroom of Silver Spring, Md or future classes at Bethesda DanceSport [www.BethesdaDanceSport.com] or the Tenleytown DanceSport Center [www.TenleytownDanceSport.com or www.TenleyCircleDanceSportCenter.com] in the near future).
As always our infamous desserts with ice cream will be available. Not-to-worry about the diet and the waistline. .... there'll be PLENTY of dancing for everyone to wear it all off!
LOOK FOR THE BALLOONS ON THE ENTRANCE SINCE THERE ARE NUMEROUS ENTRANCES TO THE BUILDING. AND IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WITH A BIRTHDAY, BRING THEM! BIRTHDAY BOYZ AND GIRZ OF ALL AGES ARE FREE! WE ALREADY HAVE THE ICE CREAM AND DESSERTS. JUST BRING A CAKE TO SHARE IF YOU CARE TO.
For additional information on any of the above, contact:
Terry Chasteen's International DanceSPORT & Entertainment
(including the annual "Out On The Dance Floor Charity Ball")
You've been watching"America's Ballroom Challenge" on PBS,
"So you Think You Can Dance" on FOX plus
"Dancing with the Stars" on ABC.
Metropolitan Washington DC is definitely becoming a city of BALLROOM, LATIN, TANGO, HIP HOP & SWING DANCING
...It's time for YOU to
"BECOME ONE OF THOSE STARS"...
"Out on The Dance Floor"!...
Wouldn't you rather STOP WATCHING all the fun....and START HAVING IT!?
If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)
You can always get in touch with me through the Contact Us link on Meetup.