|Sent on:||Sunday, September 11, 2011 12:38 PM|
I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
When: Sunday, September 11,[masked]:15 PM
Where: DanceSport at Dupont Circle
2201 Pst, NW
Washington, DC 20008
Event fee: $12.00, $95/10-class dance card
This Meetup repeats every week on Sunday.
INCLUDING LEARNING THE AUTHENTIC 'MICHAEL JACKSON'S THRILLER' DANCE ROUTINE DURING THE DANCE BREAK (but only for those who dare ....).
Join us 'OUT on the DANCE FLOOR' on Wednesdays and Sundays during 'DanceSport at Dupont Circle'!
Join us for our new OUT on the Dance Floor program of classes and practice at historic Dupont Circle, Washington DC every Wednesday from 6:15pm-10:30pm and most Sundays (unless posted in advance here) from 3pm-11pm during 'DanceSport at Dupont Circle', located 2 blocks from the Dupont Circle red line Metro at 2201 P St NW.
Adult classes take place every 45 minutes with 2-3 dance styles and sometimes multiple levels and teachers at once from 6:15 to 9:15pm on Wednesdays and 3pm-6pm on Sundays followed by FREE teacher-assisted open dancing and practice (to 10:15pm on Wednesdays and 11pm on Sundays).
Sunday schedule and detailed Wed schedule found below or online at www.OutOnTheDanceFloor.com, www.DanceSportDupont.com or contact by email at [address removed]
ABSOLUTELY NO PREVIOUS DANCE EXPERIENCE OR PARTNER NECESSARY FOR ADULT CLASSES. ALL ARE WELCOME, INCLUDING SINGLES, COUPLES, SAME-GENDER COUPLES AND THE SEEING AND HEARING IMPAIRED (LIMITED AVAIL)
(future youth classes before 6:00pm require leader and follower partners, though they can be partners of the same gender. All partners will switch often throughout each class).
'DanceSport at Dupont Circle'
The Church of the Pilgrims Fellowship Hall
2201 P St. NW
Washington DC 20037
LOOK FOR THE BALLOONS ON THE ENTRANCE SINCE THERE ARE NUMEROUS ENTRANCES TO THE BUILDING. AND IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WITH A BIRTHDAY, BRING THEM, those with birthdays are FREE!! WE ALREADY HAVE THE ICE CREAM AND DESSERTS. JUST BRING A CAKE TO SHARE IF YOU CARE TO.
This entrance going downstairs directly into the Fellowship Hall is on the hill at the very SE corner of the Church facing 22nd and P. It is to the right of the large Southern-facing entrance on the corner or left of the Eastern-facing entrance on that same corner and goes directly into the Fellowship Hall. The entrance overlooks the small Park and Monument at 22nd and P St NW. Since people have had trouble finding it, we'll have balloons tied to the entrance railing.
Complete Sunday 'DanceSport at Dupont Circle' schedule
3:15pm - 4:00 pm:
1) Beginner SalsaOn1 ~ (taught by Earl Rush of StuckOnSalsa)
2) Beginner Salsa Rueda ~ Casino Style Cuban Salsa danced in a Circle (taught by Mein Son Mas)
3) Dominican style Bachata shines and footwork (taught by Hecter Chavez and LatinDanceVibe.com.
4) intermediate West Coast Swing ~ (taught by Greg Scott and Lemery Rollins - dates not conflicting with competition schedule to-be-announced here) (CANCELED SEPT 11)
5) ALL LEVELS Beginner/int Salsa On2 New York Style technique, styling balance, rotation, musicality, etc (Considered beginner technique class for all levels , though EXCELLENT for all levels - Mambo and technique expert Psyn Mauricio Scott)
4:00pm - 4:45pm:
1) Intermediate SalsaOn1 (taught by Earl Rush of StuckOnSalsa)
2) Beginner International Ballroom ~ Waltz in Sept (taught by Sunny Kwa or Terry Chasteen) (included as one of the beginner level competitive dances for Gay Games 2014, Cleveland).
3) Beginner West Coast Swing (taught by Mein)
4) Salsa On2, New York Style ~ (intermediate + turn patterns and shines - Psyn Mauricio Scott)
4:45pm - 5:30pm
1) Beginner International ChaChaCha in Sept ~ (taught by Sunny Kwa or Terry Chasteen) (included as one of the beginner level competitive dances for Gay Games 2014, Cleveland).
2) Dance-at-Your-Wedding Workshop ~ Beginner Social Ballroom, Latin and Swing (taught by Terry Chasteen)
1) C/W Two Step - technique and basics for all levels (taught by Mein for social dancing and Gay Games 2014, Cleveland)
2) International Jive - technique and basics for all levels in Sept (taught by Sunny Kwa or Terry Chasteen) (included as one of the beginner level competitive dances for Gay Games 2014, Cleveland).
1) 'Michael Jackson's Thriller' in preparation for Halloween (which is creeping up on us ...look behind you and in both directions. This is THE AUTHENTIC FULL ROUTINE ...not that counterfiet stuff you see on YouTube, but the original routine in it's ENTIRETY!!)
2) Social dancing and practice in all dance styles to 7:00 and then Argentine Tango music only for dancing after 7pm during the adjacent Tango class. Includes teacher assistance, refreshments and desserts with ice cream. FREE to anyone taking any class throughout the day or $5 for just the dancing and practice from 6:15-7:30pm and $8 from 8:30-11pm.
DanceSport at Dupont Circle
The Church of the Pilgrims Fellowship Hall 2201 P St. NW
Washington, DC 20037
Level I beginner and level II Tango classes taught by Katya Merezhinsky and Terry Chasteen
7pm (sharp) - 7.45 : Level I beginners - fundamental structure and technique
( body alignment, weight shifting vs stepping, body positioning, basic turns technique
7.45 ( sharp) - 8.30: Level II - musicality and improvisation
1 class - $15, 2nd class an additional $5, $10 full-time students with full time ID; $95/10-class dance card , $85/10-class student class card. $5 for Ballroom, Latin, Swing, Tango and C/W dancing from 6-7:30pm (includes only Tango music from 7-7:30pm during Tango class) and $8 for dancing from 8:30-11pm. Both dances free to anyone taking any Sunday class.
Milonga 8:30-11pm with DJ David Liu. ( Refreshments and desserts with ice cream included )
DanceSport at Dupont Circle
The Church of the Pilgrims Fellowship Hall
2201 P St. NW, Washington DC 20037
(Use entrance with balloons at the very corner of 22nd & P - two blocks W. of the P St exit of the Dupont Circle red line Metro - between 22nd & 23rd and between P and Q)
Two blocks west of the Dupont Circle red line metro - between P and Q Sts. NW (Building has many entrances so follow balloons - use ground level separate entrance at the very corner of 22nd & P St. NW, overlooking the small park and monument at 22nd and
$10/class Full time students with ID
$5 for Ballroom, Latin, Swing, Tango, etc social dancing & practice from 6:15-7:30
(FREE to anyone taking any Sunday class. Tango music only from 7-7:30 as there'll be a Tango class going on at the same time needing Tango music)
$8 Argentine Tango milonga from 8pm-11pm or FREE if taking any Sunday class.
(with DJ David Liu)
$95/10-class dance card good for any class taught by Terry and associate teachers at this location or any future DC & Md locations (including future Hollywood Ballroom of Silver Spring, Md, Bethesda DanceSport, Bethesda, Md [ www.BethesdaDanceSport.com], the Tenleytown DanceSport Center [ www.TenleytownDanceSport.com and www.TenleyCircleDanceSportCenter.com] or DanceSport on Capitol Hill in the near future).
As always our infamous desserts with ice cream will be available. Not-to-worry about the diet and the waistline. .... there'll be PLENTY of dancing for everyone to wear it all off!
LOOK FOR THE BALLOONS ON THE ENTRANCE SINCE THERE ARE NUMEROUS ENTRANCES TO THE BUILDING. AND IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WITH A BIRTHDAY, BRING THEM! BIRTHDAY BOYZ AND GIRZ OF ALL AGES ARE FREE! WE ALREADY HAVE THE ICE CREAM AND DESSERTS. JUST BRING A CAKE TO SHARE IF YOU CARE TO.
For additional information on any of the above, contact:
Terry Chasteen's International DanceSPORT & Entertainment
(including the annual "Out On The Dance Floor Charity Ball")
You've been watching"America's Ballroom Challenge" on PBS,
"So you Think You Can Dance" on FOX plus
"Dancing with the Stars" on ABC.
Metropolitan Washington DC is definitely becoming a city of BALLROOM, LATIN, TANGO, HIP HOP & SWING DANCING
...It's time for YOU to
"BECOME ONE OF THOSE STARS"...
"Out on The Dance Floor"!...
Wouldn't you rather STOP WATCHING all the fun....and START HAVING IT!?
If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)
You can always get in touch with me through the Contact Us link on Meetup.