|Sent on:||Friday, April 13, 2012 1:23 PM|
I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
When: Friday, April 27,[masked]:00 PM
Where: Remington's on Capitol Hill
639 Pennsylvania Ave SE
Washington, DC 20003
Event fee: $12.00, $95/10-class dance card
This Meetup repeats on the 4th Friday of every month.
'TGI DanceSport FriOn CapitolHill' 4thFri Tango/Salsa/WeddingBallroomSwing&2Step
Happy Hour 'Dancing With the DC Stars' classes and mixer in all styles of social dancing every 4th Fri on Capitol Hill. Visit www.DancingWithTheDCstars.com for classes and dancing throughout the week. It's time for YOU to BECOME one of those Stars ...'OUT ON THE DANCE FLOOR'!!
Meetup changed: 'TGI DanceSport Fridays On Capito lHill' postponed to the 4th Friday when dancing following class is available. Join us for Tango, Salsa, Wedding Dances in Ballroom, Swing, 2-Step and more followed by dancing to C/W and all styles of music by request.
FREE DANCE CLASS during the week of your BIRTHDAY! at any www.DancingWithTheDCstars.com location. Get your friends together or the friends of a loved one and CELEBRATE ALL OF YOUR BIRTHDAYS ...by DANCING!!! (desserts and ice cream served every Sun during the social dances at DanceSport Dupont Circle). PLUS bring a '2-fOR-THE-PRICE-OF-1 CLASS PASS' when one of those is attending for their 1st time at each location (must bring the printed coupon for the 2-for-1 discount).
'TGI DanceSport Fridays On Capitol Hill' every 4th Fri. Beginner Mini-classes in Tango/Salsa/Wedding Ballroom/Swing, 2 Step and more right after work from 6:00 followed by assisted practice in all of the social dances to 9:30pm.
'TGI DanceSport Fridays Mixer' on Capitol Hill every 4th Fri (possibly more added soon on Sat). No partner necessary. Partners will rotate throughout the evening from 6-9:30pm. Send an email to pre-register to [address removed] but come!!
Located at 'Remington's on Capitol Hill', 639 Pa Ave. SE, Wash DC 20003 (Eastern Market Metro 1/2 block). $12 for two one-half hour beginner classes (your choice), $20/4 classes, ($10/$16 students w/FT ID), $95/10-class dance card good at any DanceSport of DC location, $85/student 10-class dance card, Drop-in class times from 6pm-9pm followed by assisted practice to all types of music by request every 2nd Fri:
1) Beginner Argentine Tango [6pm-6:30pm],
2) Beginner Salsa On1 [6:30pm-7:00pm],
3) Dance-at-Your-Wedding Workshop (beginner social Ballroom) [7:00-7:30]
4) Social Latin (Merengue, ChaCha, Bachata, Rumba, Samba) [7:30-8:00pm]
5) Swing [8:00-8:30]
6) Beg to int C/W two step [8:30pm-9:00pm]
7) Open dancing and practice to all styles of music to 9:30pm free to anyone attebnding.
$12 per two 1/2 hour beginner classes or $20 for four classes. Private dance coaching is available by appointment nearly every day of the week for wedding preparation, for fine-tunung the material from your classes, for pro/am competition (the student would compete with the teacher) or amateur competition (two amateur dancers compete together as a couple) and in preparation for both the social and competitive events for the lgbt Games Cleveland, 2014. Contact [address removed] or[masked] to make an appointment.
Sat morning/early afternoon BethesdaDanceSport.com classes at Du-Shor Dance Studio, 7800 Wisc Ave, Bethesda, Md 20814 from 10am-2pm. Free parking around the corner all weekend in the city garage on Woodmont. (singles, couples, same-gender couples and the seeing and hearing impaired are welcome).
BethesdaDanceSport.com is Terry Chasteen's web site for Ballroom, Latin, Swing, Salsa, Argentine Tango and more classes, including Dance-at-Your-Wedding Workshops and private dance coaching in Bethesda Maryland. Classes are being held at DuShor Dance studio, 7800 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, Maryland 20814 on Saturday mornings from 10:00am-2:00pm.
1. Beginner (to intermed depending on those attending) Social Club Latin dances ( ChaChaCha, Merengue, Bachata - Mein Son Mas) or beginner to intermed (bronze/Silver) International Latin (Rumba in Feb, ChaChaCha, Samba, Paso Doble - Terry)
1. Beginner Salsa On1 to int introduction (Terry)
1) Dance-at-Your-Wedding Workshop / including Beginner Social Ballroom, Latin, Tango, Swing and more (not strictly for wedding couples; great also for parents, grandparents, wedding party members, plus your friends and family members who will be attending your special event). (taught by Terry Chasteen –www.DanceAtYourWeddingWorkshops.com) Learn to prepare for a magnificent “FIRST DANCE” plus basics of Ballroom, Latin, Swing &/or Disco Hustle for the wedding (Not only for wedding couples. All Ballroom, Latin & Swing dances will eventually be covered for social dancing and/or competition)
1. Beginner (eventually Intermediate) Argentine Tango (Terry) 1:00-1:45pm:
1. Beginner to Intermed (Bronze to Silver) International Ballroom (Waltz in Feb, Foxtrot, Tango Quickstep, Viennese Waltz - Terry)
DanceSport at Dupont Circle
Every Wed and Sun 2.5 blocks West of Dupont Circle at the Church of the Pilgrims on the red line Metro.
(Everyone using a 'Capitol Deal' voucher 'please' bring a printed copy of your voucher)
Schedules of Wed & Sun DanceSport Dupont Circle classes
Complete Wednesday 'DanceSport at Dupont Circle' schedule from 6:00pm-10:20pm:
6:00pm - 6:45pm:
1) Beginner Salsa On1 for thoose close-by who walk (taught by Terry Chasteen or Mein Son Mas or Earl Rush of StuckOnSalsa)
2) Beginner Social Latin Club Dances ~ Salsa On2, ChaChaCha, Merengue or Bachata (taught by Mein Son Mas or Terry Chasteen or Earl Rush of StuckOnSalsa)
3) Beginner Salsa Rueda ~ Casino Style Cuban Salsa danced in a Circle (may be incorporated in the Salsa On1 beg class taught by Mein Son Mas)
6:45pm - 7:30pm: (for those who drive, the surrounding free embassy and parking across the street opens up at 6:30pm. Arrive before 7pm and you can usually get one of 10 free parking spots directly across the street)
1) Beginner Salsa On1 for those who drive ... (taught by Terry Chasteen, Mein Son Mas or Earl Rush of StuckOnSalsa)
2) Beginner International Latin or Ballroom ~ (ChaChaCha, Rumba, Samba, Paso Doble or Jive taught by Sunny Kwa)(included as beginner level competitive or social dances for LGBT Games 2014, Cleveland).
3) Coming soon the authentic dances from all regions of Brazil. Please pre-register at [address removed] until enough RSVP to begin this class. (Forro, Axe, Lambada, Gafierra and more ...taught by Danielle Areco from Sao Paulo, Brazil)
7:30pm - 8:15pm:
1) Intermediate Salsa On1 (taught by Mein Son Mas, Earl Rush of StuckOnSalsa or Terry Chasteen)
2) Dance-at-Your-Wedding Workshop / Beginner Social Ballroom, Latin, Tango, Swing and more (not strictly for wedding couples; great also for parents, wedding party members and family members).(taught by Terry Chasteen)
3) Brazilian Samba: coming soon the authentic Brazilian Samba (taught by Danielle Areco from Sao Paulo, Brazil)
8:15pm - 9:00pm:
1) Beginner West Coast Swing (taught by Mein Son Mas or Terry Chasteen) (included as one of the beginner level competitive or social C/W dances for LGBT Games 2014, Cleveland).
2) Beginner Argentine Tango (taught by Terry Chasteen)
9:00 - 9:45pm
1) Beginner and intermediate C/W Two Step or
2) Intermediate West Coast Swing (taught by Mein Son Mas or a third teacher to-be-announced) (included as one of the intermediate level competitive or social C/W dances for LGBT Games 2014, Cleveland).
3) Intermediate Argentine Tango (taught by Terry Chasteen) 9:00pm - 10:20pm social dancing and practice to all music styles by request (Including the complete and authentic 'Michael Jackson's Thriller' ...but only for those who dare ....):
Social dancing and practice in all dance styles to include teacher assistance - free to anyone taking any class throughout the evening or $5 for dancing and practice only.
Schedule of Sun DanceSport Dupont classes
Every Wed and Sun 2 blocks West of Dupont Circle at the Church of the Pilgrims on the red line Metro.
(Everyone using a 'Capitol Deal' voucher must PLEASE bring a printed copy)
Complete Sunday 'DanceSport at Dupont Circle' schedule
3:00pm - 3:45 pm:
1) Beginner SalsaOn1 ~ (taught by Earl Rush of StuckOnSalsa, Mein Son Mas and/or Terry chasteen)
2) Beginner Salsa Rueda ~ Casino Style Cuban Salsa danced in a Circle (taught by Mein Son Mas)
3) Bachata Dominican style Intermed/adv shines, footwork and turn patterns taught by Hecter Chavez and Latin Dance Vibe. Drop-in classes ongoing now as of March.... please RSVP at [address removed]. Send an email if planning to come so we have a number but COME!! This is a fun, fun Latin dance taking place now every Sunday.
4) Beginner SalsaOn2 (Mambo) basic patterns (taught by Mambo and technique expert Psyn Mauricio Scott)
3:45pm - 4:30pm:
1) Intermediate SalsaOn1 (taught by Earl Rush of StuckOnSalsa and Mein Son Mas)
2) Beginner International Ballroom ~ Dance changes each month (Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango, Quickstep or Viennese Waltz) taught by Sunny Kwa or Terry Chasteen. (included as one of the beginner level competitive dances for LGBT Games 2014, Cleveland).
3) Beg Bachata Dominican style beginner basics in easy shines, footwork and basic turn patterns. Drop-in classes ongoing now as of March.... please RSVP at [address removed]. Send an email if planning to come but COME! This is a fun, fun Latin dance taking place now every Sunday.
4) ALL LEVELS Beginner/int Salsa On2 New York Style technique, styling balance, rotation, musicality, Shines, etc (Considered technique class EXCELLENT for all levels - taught by Mambo and technique expert Psyn Mauricio Scott)
4:30pm - 5:15pm
1) Beginner International Latin ~ Rumba, ChaChaCha, Samba, Paso Doble or Jive taught by Sunny Kwa or Terry Chasteen (Included as one of the beginner thru int/adv level competitive dances for LGBT Games 2014, Cleveland).
2) Salsa On2, New York Style int/advanced turn patterns ~ (intermediate/adv + turn patterns and shines - taught by Psyn Mauricio Scott)
3) Beginner West Coast Swing (taught by Mein)
1) C/W Two Step - technique, basics nd fun turn patterns for all levels (taught by Mein for social dancing and LGBT Games 2014, Cleveland)
2) Dance-at-Your-Wedding Workshop ~ Beginner Social Ballroom, Latin and Swing (not strictly for wedding couples ...taught by Terry Chasteen)
Also for wedding party members, parents, family members and friends, not only wedding coulpes.
3) International Jive or East Coast Swing - technique and basics for all levels (taught by Sunny Kwa or Terry Chasteen) (included as one of the beginner level competitive dances for LGBT Games 2014, Cleveland or Country/Western events).
1) Social dancing and practice in all dance styles to 7:00 and then Argentine Tango music only for dancing after 7pm during the adjacent Tango class. Includes teacher assistance, refreshments and desserts with ice cream. FREE to anyone taking any class throughout the day or $5 for just the dancing and practice from 6:15-7:30pm and $8 from 8:30-11pm.
2) 'Michael Jackson's Thriller' in preparation for a future MJ medley Flashmob. This includes THE AUTHENTIC and ORIGINAL 'Michael Jackson's Thriller' dance routine in it's entirety directly from the video. We will also eventually be including excerps from 'Beat It', )
We'll be learning the 'Michael Jackson's Thriller' dance routine plus other MJ favorites at 6pm on Sundays and 8:30 or 9pm Wed whenever requested ...(and it's FREE to anyone taking any earlier class!!)
'Michael Jackson's Thriller' by request 'year round!' in preparation for a future MJ medley FlashMob (....so practice before it's Showtime!!).
The medley of Michael's choreography, including 'Thriller', 'Beat It' and others will be taught at our weekly Wed and Sun Dance-&-Learn social parties during
'DanceSport at Dupont Circle',
2201 P St. NW, Washington DC
Prepare to dance with us by request at 6pm the entire routine of 'Michael Jackson's Thriller'. We'll be teaching it for a future combination MJ Flashmob on both Wednesdays and Sundays ( ....but only for those who DARE!).
Sunday 'Tango at Dupont Circle' from 7-11pm
The Church of the Pilgrims Fellowship Hall 2201 P St. NW
Washington, DC 20037
Level I beginner and level II Tango classes taught Terry Chasteen
7pm (sharp) - 7:45 : Level I beginners - basic figures (Tango basic, front and back ochos, molinetes, fundamental structure and walking technique (body alignment, weight shifting vs stepping, body positioning, basic turns technique
7.45 (sharp) - 8:30: Level II - Intermediate patterns and styling beyond basic patterns.
1 Tango class - $12, 2nd class an additional $5 for those who want to warm up on the basics but are qualified to take level II, $10 full-time students with full time ID; $95/10-class dance card , $85/10-class student class card. $5 for Ballroom, Latin, Swing, Tango and C/W dancing from 6-7:30pm (FREE for anyone taking any Sunday class. Includes only Tango music from 7-7:30pm during Tango class) and $7 for dancing from 8:30-11pm. Both dances free to anyone taking any Sunday class.
Milonga 8:30-11pm with DJ David Liu. (Refreshments and desserts with ice cream included )
'DanceSport at Dupont Circle'
The Church of the Pilgrims Fellowship Hall
2201 P St. NW [masked]nd St on Google Maps),
Washington DC 20037
Two blocks West of Dupont Circle (red line Metro) at 22nd & P NW between P and Q.
Entrance indicated by balloons at the South corner of the building at 22nd & P.
PLENTY OF NEARBY 'DanceSport at Dupont Circle' FREE PARKING ALWAYS AVAILABLE (DO NOT PARK DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH WHERE PARKING IS AVAIL ONLY UNTIL 2PM).
We are two 2 blocks West of Dupont Circle (on the red line Metro) next to Embassy Row with free parking during the weekends plus during the week after 6:30pm in front of the nearby embassies, including:
1) on the adjacent block of Massachusetts Ave from 22nd St West to Sheridan Circle and several blocks beyond,
2) on 22nd St directly North of Q and Mass Ave to R St,
3) West along R St between 22nd and 23rd at Sheridan Circle,
4) directly on Sheridan Circle, which is one block from the Church of the Pilgrims,
5) non-embassy free parking is also available all weekend directly across from us on 22nd St between P and Q which opens up during the week daily at 6:30pm (so come to class early right after work and your parking space will be waiting for you at 6:30!).
Contact: LOOK FOR THE BALLOONS ON THE ENTRANCE SINCE THERE ARE NUMEROUS ENTRANCES TO THE BUILDING. AND IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WITH A BIRTHDAY, BRING THEM! BIRTHDAY BOYZ AND GIRZ OF ALL AGES ARE FREE! WE ALREADY HAVE THE ICE CREAM AND DESSERTS. JUST BRING A CAKE TO SHARE IF YOU CARE TO.
If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)
You can always get in touch with me through my group profile on Meetup.