DC Social Singles Message Board › Embassy Tours- 10:30am

Embassy Tours- 10:30am

A former member
Hi everyone!

Looks like TJ is not going to be able to make the event as your host for this event.

We have a few volunteers and myself to help make this a smooth, fun event.

Meet outside by the escalators at MASSACHUSETTS AVE. & 20TH ST. NW. at 10:30AM.

Please come at 10:30AM so we can start to gather and meet each other.

I am thinking that this is a zoo of people and it is best to go in waves of smaller groups starting at 11AM.

The last group will leave Dupont Circle at 11:30AM.

Please be mindful of others and be on time.

There are lots of track work scheduled and metro stations closed. Please check yours and plan accordingly.

At 8:30am, we will see what the rain is doing and hope to forecast better than the weatherman. We will make a decision then if we need to cancel.

Obviously if it starts pouring after 8:30am, we will not be meeting.

Meet outside by the escalators at MASSACHUSETTS AVE. & 20TH ST. NW.

I think some of the volunteers will have balloons.

I will be wearing a bright green rain jacket and I will have a black umbrella that says London 2012 and has the Olympic symbol on it. I will also have a  folder and one side says DCSS MEETUP. We will also have some neon colored stickers to help identify the group.  From past experience it was difficult enough to keep 4 people together let alone 20 or more. Hopefully this will help.

I will have some printed maps for the volunteers to plan a route to take you on your tour of the European Union.

If the weather is reasonable and you all want to meet after, my suggestion is to head to the Swedish Embassy in Georgetown around 3:00PM so we can meet outside around 4:00PM or so at Sequoia's and go eat, drink, and be merry.  The event ends at 4:00PM

The lines get crazy long and this may not workout.  We will see how it goes.

No matter what , I am sure you will all have a good time and make some new friends!

No need to text or call...we will try to keep the meetup updated as to where we are.

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.