addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

DC Social Singles Message Board › Announcing a new event for DC smart singles: Contra Dancing

Announcing a new event for DC smart singles: Contra Dancing

A former member
Friday June 5 at 7:15PM.

Contra Dancing is a great time. You need no prior dancing experience just the inclination to have fun. The cost of the dance is $9 - this includes a lesson at 7:30 and 3 hours of dancing to live music. All monies go to Glen Echo Park and the musicians.

I would highly suggest that you wear light comfortable clothing (skirts and shorts) and shoes - ladies flats or something with a low heel. The Ballroom is not air conditioned and with 300 people it will warm up quickly. Everyone is nice and welcoming. You will dance with many people 10-12 that evening. Men ask women and women ask men to dance. It is fun, exhilarating and exciting.

Contra dancing or any type of dancing I have found is a way of achieving a level of intimacy that is safe, clean and fun. Come with a great attitude and leave with new memories. Perhaps we can go out for breakfast afterward!

The date of this event is June 5th but this event happens every friday night. I'll be there tonight as well. Please let me know if you have any questions. For directions just Google Glen Echo Park it is off the Clara Barton Parkway.

Hope to see you all out on the Dance floor!

Jim

RSVP...­