DC Social Singles Message Board › New Policy: Completed Profile and Clearly Visible Picture Required to Mainta

New Policy: Completed Profile and Clearly Visible Picture Required to Maintain Membership

A former member
I am writing to inform of a new policy requiring each member to have a completed profile and a clearly visible profile picture to maintain membership in the DC Smart Singles. To avoid removal, you must have a completed profile AND a clearly visible profile picture by December 4, 2009.

If you haven't done so already, please answer all the profile questions and upload a clearly visible picture of yourself to avoid being removed from the DC Smart Singles. To answer the profile questions, just simply go to your DC Smart Singles profile page and click on "edit group profile." Answer the 3 profile questions and upload your clearly visible picture. It takes less than 5 minutes!

Pictures of your pet, your car, your avatar, your sketch, scenery, etc. do not satisfy the picture requirement. Why are pictures required, you ask? Posting a picture makes it easier for us to recognize each other at the events. Imagine going to a Meetup and none of the people who RSVPed have a picture. How will you find each other? Moreover, I have noticed that people who do not have pictures are more likely to be "no-shows" to Meetups. Furthermore, it's only fair for those of us you have posted our pictures that you post your picture as well.

Beginning December 4, 2009, I will start removing members who do not have a completed profile and/or a clearly visible profile picture. If you are removed, you are welcomed to reapply for membership, but your membership request will only be approved if you meet the member requirements, answer the profile questions, and post your clearly visible picture. So save yourself the hassle of reapplying and just complete your profile by December 4, 2009.

We may see a temporary decrease in membership because of the new policy. In the long run, our group will grow and the participation rate will increase. I instituted the same policy 6 months ago with my other singles group. Since then, that singles groups has grown from 300 members to almost 1,000 members and has gone from being an inactive group to a highly active and engaged group.

Lastly, if you are no longer single, please rethink your membership in this group.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Jose