align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

DC Stand Up Paddleboarding Message Board DC Paddleboarding Discussion Forum › Paddleboard Storage

Paddleboard Storage

Hillary
user 69551172
Washington, DC
Post #: 1
I live in Old Town and am struggling to find a marina (ideally) or other launch site for storing my SUP nearby. Ive been launching from Bellehaven, but am not able to leave it there. Does anyone have a great solution in this area, as I'd love to keep it close by for early morning use, and hate to leave it stored on my roof rack long term (particularly in the heat of summer). Suggestions?
A former member
I am pretty sure the closest place that allows you to rent storage space is Jack's boathouse (http://www.jacksboath...­) in Georgetown. You might check with the alexandria row house @ one maddison, but I am pretty sure they only store a limited number of member sculls.
Bill
user 15278141
Fairfax Station, VA
Pohic Bay Regional park has 2 boat storage lots and storage for kayaks. You might give them a call to see if you can store your SUP. They also rent SUP's for $7/hour. Pohic Bay is a fantastic place to paddle!
A former member
As a Washington Canoe Club member, you have storage of one board and 24/7 access all year. It's the only place that I know of that has unlimited access and storage plus it's a great community of people who paddle. They also offer opportunities to learn other forms of paddling and there are kayaks, canoes and SUPs for members to use themselves or thier guests. If you're interested, feel free to email me for more information. SUPDC@me.com