add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

DC Steampunks Message Board › Who's your steampunk character?

Who's your steampunk character?

A former member
Post #: 2
Hello crew!

Does anyone have a character / back story they'd like to share?

And if anyone wants a title in the group speak up!
A former member
Post #: 3
I'm Chief Engineer Soprenza "Enza" O'Hoolihan

Yes, as in *that* O’Hoolihan. But don’t worry, I’m not gonna gut you and buy out your entire town so your family is forced into slavery. That’s my dad’s style, not mine.

Soprenza means “surprise” in Spanish, more or less. That’s what my dad was to my mom. True, he’s certainly taken care of her in the years since. Financed a lifestyle that meant I was raised like a little princess, that's for sure. In finishing school I was always introduced as the "Merchant Princess Miss Soprenza O'Hoolihan". I'm sure you can picture how high the eyebrows of the aristocrats shot whenever they heard that.

O'Hoolihan Amory Inc. has become a household name. And I'm not just saying that because we own a third of the households in Europa, or because we've armed all sides of every conflict since Jesus was a corporeal. I'm saying it now because of my baby, the Gravitron Redux. It's given my father's fleet wings. Not slow, cumbersome zeppelins. Not fuel guzzling jet packs or fighter ships. We're talking about a true airship. A clipper that can simply defy gravity.

Course, he has gotten a little... overenthusiastic... with them. I mean, I knew he had a vicious streak before, but he had to in order to make the leap from petty smuggler to merchant emperor. And now, well, yes he has "cracked a few eggs" but he's aiming to unite the people in a new order. He wants to give us a Pax O'Hoolihan. All the same, I had to take a break from the family business cause it was getting a little too dirty for my liking.

So now here I am, wrench for hire, trying to make my own name in this world gone crazy. You can call me Enza.
Opsec G.
user 104757702
Hampstead, MD
Post #: 1
To begin to understand Admiral Scott, you first would need to understand his upbringing. Born in Baltimore Maryland, and raised in one of many taverns his Mother, Chelsea, found work as a barmaid. He never knew his Father, it was rumored he was Pirate, but Chelsea never said. The two of them moved around as needed for work, but never far from the seedy underbelly of the Baltimore harbor.
His formative years were spent along the harbor front. When the ships came to port for provisions, a port visit, or repairs, young Stemson would pick up work where he could. He would carry bags, unload or load ships, repair nets and sails. His education came from the streets, and eventually, the sea. During the early summer as he turned 13, his life completely changed. Stemson was hired on as a cabin boy for the 2nd in command, the Quartermaster. The HMS Princess Royal was a packet ship, carrying cargo and mail to England, and bringing back cargo, mail and immigrants. During a short load out in New Orleans before heading across for England, the Princess Royal was attacked shortly after pulling into the Gulf of Mexico by the Pirate Dominique You and his half brothers Jean and Pierre Lafitte. Only ten were taken prisoner from by the Le Pandoure crew, Scott being one. He was made the personal assistant of Captain You due to his age.

I'll add more of my life in a later post.
Admiral S. Scott