DC Steampunks Message Board › Anyone interested in a steampunk film?

Anyone interested in a steampunk film?

A former member
Post #: 1
I am working on a science fiction series and considering a steampunk episode about a family and a spaceship. I thought this might be the right place to try to find interested cast or crew.
Karen G.
user 12587724
College Park, MD
Post #: 28
I've never worked on a film but I would be interested in finding out more about the project. I might be interested in acting or working with makeup/set design or lighting. But bear in mind I have no experience with any of these except photographic lighting. :)
A former member
Post #: 2
Everyone starts somewhere. Set design would be great; the series would be very low budget but it would give those interested a chance to try a hand at film, and a credit.
A former member
Post #: 1
I'd love to help out. I'm a photographer and have dabbled in DSLR video. And I know some others who would probably like to be part of the cast who are die hard Dr Who fans and love sci-fi. I see you're from Shepherdstown. They're students at SU.
JAM
JMazur
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 10
Hi. I know there's people in this group who have theater and film experience. So it's a matter of seeing if they have time and interest (I have the latter but only the most limited amount of the former).
Jenn
jadavisdc
Group Organizer
Arlington, VA
Post #: 25
My hubby has fairly extensive theater experience from his time in NYC, and while I've no acting experience I'm used to performance (was a competitive figure skater for most of my life and recently went back to it). Can you give us some more details about the project? It may be that the reason people haven't commented much is because there's not a lot of info other than "Have a show I'm thinking about doing a steampunk episode on, can you help?" I for one would love to know - what's the actual main show about, is it something already airing or an idea, where will it be used, and what are you looking for in terms of the SP community support?
Karen G.
user 12587724
College Park, MD
Post #: 31
Sounds like the project is in the early stages yet, but if you have ideas you can give us then we could do some research or prep work, too.
A former member
Post #: 3
I'd love to help out. I'm a photographer and have dabbled in DSLR video. And I know some others who would probably like to be part of the cast who are die hard Dr Who fans and love sci-fi. I see you're from Shepherdstown. They're students at SU.

I went to school there, I may know them.

As far as the project being only in it's initial plans, that is partly the issue, the other part is trying to be a little quiet until we get it shooting.