DC Steampunks Message Board › Post SPWF and the next 12 months

Post SPWF and the next 12 months

C.E. McDermott (.
user 111279512
Washington, DC
Post #: 3
Hi Gang,
I hope every one who was able to attend the SPWF this year is back home safe and sound. I was able to spend a way too short 45 seconds speaking with Clint and his Lovely Girlfriend Saturday in the Radisson. The three of us mused and agreed that we should have a casual get together ( like for drinks and bar food) in a very short time. It is my understanding that many of the Steampunks we know live very near to us in Howard Co. Maryland. Northern Virgina has an abundance as well. I want to suggest that we have a alternating "casual" meet up as mentioned above to gather and discuss plans, projects, and ideas to provide a greater feeling of enthusiasm and progress for those who wish to see the group continue forward. I have not sent Clint a personal E-mail but plan to tonight (04/19/14). Can I have a sound off of sorts of whop would be interested and where you live?
I suggest that we hold the first casual gathering here in Ellicott City with in the first two weeks of June 2014. Is a week night possible or should we make it a Saturday or Sunday meet up?

Reagrds,
Clint Darby ( yes we are both Clints)
C.E.McDermott
Heather P.
mensan98th
Washington, DC
Post #: 44
I think that's a great idea! It makes a lot of sense, given the geographic distribution of members.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Heather

Hi Gang,
I hope every one who was able to attend the SPWF this year is back home safe and sound. I was able to spend a way too short 45 seconds speaking with Clint and his Lovely Girlfriend Saturday in the Radisson. The three of us mused and agreed that we should have a casual get together ( like for drinks and bar food) in a very short time. It is my understanding that many of the Steampunks we know live very near to us in Howard Co. Maryland. Northern Virgina has an abundance as well. I want to suggest that we have a alternating "casual" meet up as mentioned above to gather and discuss plans, projects, and ideas to provide a greater feeling of enthusiasm and progress for those who wish to see the group continue forward. I have not sent Clint a personal E-mail but plan to tonight (04/19/14). Can I have a sound off of sorts of whop would be interested and where you live?
I suggest that we hold the first casual gathering here in Ellicott City with in the first two weeks of June 2014. Is a week night possible or should we make it a Saturday or Sunday meet up?

Reagrds,
Clint Darby ( yes we are both Clints)
C.E.McDermott

Karen G.
user 12587724
College Park, MD
Post #: 46
Hi Clint,

Ben and I are in College Park, right next to the Beltway. There's nothing here! Look away! Seriously, we spend most of our time trying to leave College Park, and I do my shopping in Columbia. Sad, I know, but there it is.

Our work schedules and commuting make weeknight events difficult for us to attend, but there's no reason you can't alternate weeknights and weekends. We don't mind the occasional drive downtown or to Virginia, though, so no need to cross that off the list.

The first two weekends in June are booked for me, so if I don't show up it's not a lack of interest! smile Savage Mill Ram's Head Tavern could be a nice place to visit, too. Plus, the mill is Victorian era.
Opsec G.
user 104757702
Hampstead, MD
Post #: 2
I live up by the PA border near Westminster. The weekend would be much better for me. I'm ok for the beginning of June.