DC Tech Meetup Message Board DC Tech Meetup Discussion Forum › Lead Developer, Ground Floor Startup

Lead Developer, Ground Floor Startup

Rich E.
user 87421622
Washington, DC
Post #: 3
Company/Idea

New stealth start-up targeting the consumer financial space. There are currently 55 million US households with meaningful investable assets, representing 11 trillion dollars, and 80% of them are not on track to meet their long-term financial goals. Both the advisor industry and the large DIY brokers are failing the consumer. Furthermore, while many sites exist that provide partial answers, there is a gap in the market for a comprehensive DIY solution to help people understand where they are at, where they want to go, and how to prudently get there. After aggregating their existing assets into a single portal, we start by creating a sound financial plan based on both their needs and their risk tolerance. This is followed by an assessment of their current situation and a series of recommendations to help get them on the right track. Our software then works proactively to keep them there. More detailed information will be provided to interested parties.

Role

I am looking for a strong senior technology partner who wants to get in on a ground floor opportunity. A startup/entrepreneurial mindset is a must. This person would need to have experience building scalable cloud based Java solutions powered by a database on the back-end and HTML on the front-end. They also need to capable of architecting a solution as well as coding. They will have primary responsibility for bringing the vision to life. Experience with mobile and tablet development is a plus. The ability to manage other developers and domain/consumer internet experience is also a plus.

Interested parties can contact me directly. Please send a resume and/or link to your online profile.

I am looking to build an initial team of ~3 devs + a designer, so if you don't fit the above profile, but feel you would still be right for the team, go ahead and send me your information.

Contact Info:
Rich Ellinger
rellinge@stanfordalumni.org

For more on my background, you can check out my profile at http://www.linkedin.c...­