addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

DC Theology Pub Message Board › Brian McLaren's DC Book Talk In Nine Days!

Brian McLaren's DC Book Talk In Nine Days! Get the Info; RSVP, and Register Today!

Glenn Z.
user 11569512
Washington, DC
Hi all,

Now that Labor Day is over, we are fast approaching the launch of Brian McLaren's national book tour and his DC stop on Sept 13th.  That's only nine days from now.

As we get closer to the event consider registering & paying for the 15$ tickets to the event at 7:30PM (the event page linked below will direct you to his national tour website to register and purchase a ticket).  I've created this event page on DC Theology Pub to allow people to clink through to the official website registration form, this meetup.com is not handling the registrations and ticket sales.  (Your RSVPs on this event page also help me know how many to expect on the day of the event.)  But to repeat, you must purchase tickets from his national tour website page to get in the door.  Or if you wait until the day of the event, the price of tickets are $20 at the door.

Some people have told me they didn't want to pay for the ticket because they already have heard Brian.  Let me make the pitch that Brian is running a ministry (book writing and talks), and your ticket purchases and book purchases and your attendance are a small way you tell the world that Brian's ideas matter because they are your ideas (or at least ideas worth discussing).  Brian is the only person that I'm aware of in the emerging movement that is trying to make a living off of traveling and speaking to the general audience which makes it possible for us to hear him speak relatively often.   In fact, I'll be purchasing extra tickets for friends so they can hear Brian's ideas for free.  Yes, I'm that excited about Brian's talks and books.  They are truly amazing!

If you have any questions, let us know!

Best Wishes,

Glenn & Jen

Ok, here's the link to the page to RSVP and go register at his website:
http://www.meetup.com/DC-Theology-Pub/events/74594282/­

When: Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:30 PM

Where: Calvary Baptist Church
755 8th St. NW
Washington, DC 20001

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through my group profile on Meetup.