DC Web Design, Development, Tech, and Media Authority Message Board › Hiring: Front-end Developer
Location: Washington D.C.
Status: Full Time
Eligibility: Local candidates and out of state candidates willing to self relocate
Application Process: Interested Candidates can email a PDF of CV, portfolio examples, and salary requirements to email@example.com
Insomniac has branched into other areas of production over the years, but design is still the heart of the company. We believe designers have an obligation to make the functional beautiful. We see every project as a chance to bring a little art into the digital world.
We don't just design, we impress. Our goal is to make every project, no matter how small, the kind that makes people linger just a bit longer to admire the work and care that went into its creation. We are excited to have an opening for an experienced, proven front-end developer who will help lead our team into a bigger and better future. We work with Fortune 500 companies, NGOs, non-profit organizations, start-ups, and government agencies. The variety of work and clients you will be exposed will keep you on your feet!
As a Front End Web Developer with Insomniac Design you will use your exceptional web development skills to code PSDs into HTML/CSS templates. As a member of our world-class design and development team you will provide innovative and inspired work across a variety of clients. You will have the opportunity to create new web assets.
Read on…..if you
• LOVE development
• Want to WOW the world with your creativity
• THRIVE on thinking innovatively
• Are a perfectionist
• NEVER HARDLY EVER Sleep
• Have a TON of portfolio to show off
• Candidates for this position must have a genuine interest in the latest technological developments in the industry to include HTML5, CSS3, and mobile web application development
• A portfolio demonstrating clean and compliant code
• Strong knowledge of design principles, typography, user interfaces, Web standards and usability
• BS/BA/AD degree
• 3+ years of front end web development experience
• 3+ years of professional HTML/CSS experience
• Mastery of code editing software
• Able to consistently develop clean, semantic, valid markup
• Experience developing adaptive/responsive websites
• Working knowledge of Content Management Systems like Drupal and Word Press and ability to learn new technologies and software as necessary
• Experience building and maintaining large sites
• Ability to execute from concept to site launch with a comprehensive knowledge of development and testing
• Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and hit deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
• Team player with a positive attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit