DC Web Design, Development, Tech, and Media Authority Message Board › SPARK Experience - Now Hiring a Wordpress Developer full-time in Rockville, MD
|A former member||
At SPARK Experience Design, we are thought leaders in both design and psychology — understanding how people think and what motivates people to act. We believe that every website, mobile app, viral video and social media campaign must be usable, engaging and persuasive.
We’re a small company that does big work — and we’re growing fast. In fact, our staff size has doubled each of the past two years.
We work with clients, large and small, all over the world. They represent some of the leading companies and organizations across the private, nonprofit and government sectors. We provide them with a vast array of services like digital strategy, user research, visual design, and social media — and every member plays an important role.
That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for someone who can mix the left-brain and right-brain. Not just a coding robot, but someone who can develop creative solutions to problems they haven’t run into before. If you’ve recently heard, “Oh Wowww — How did you do that?!”, apply now.
Here are a few specifics:
• Can handle any compatibility issue a browser throws at them
• Expertise in WordPress
• Strong Adobe Photoshop skills
• Understands the differences between responsive design/native app/mobile • dedicated sites and the benefits and drawbacks of each.
• Working knowledge of HTML emails and the coding requirements associated
• Can utilize online resources to get over any development hurdles encountered
• Detail-oriented and highly organized
• Understands progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
• Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
• A team player that can lend ideas to a project and raise development red flags
• Can work within budgetary constraints and knows how to simplify when necessary
• Ability to compare a PSD to a coded page and pick out the differences is key.
• •All things being equal, we want a candidate who demonstrates a proactive attitude, take- charge personality and “can-do” demeanor.
While this position is based in our Rockville, MD office, we offer flexible hours and optional telecommuting when you just need time to sit and focus.
• Experience with client interaction which requires good written and oral communication skills, knowing how to your pick battles, and most importantly, patience.
• Although it’s not a necessity, if you have experience finding your way around server side technologies, that’s great.
• Can you make “an app for that?”
• Have also worked with other CMS’s like Drupal, Joomla or Expression Engine.
At least 5 years experience as a Front-End Web Developer. If you lack this, you will have to WOW us with your innate understanding of the medium, outstanding skills, and ability to grasp and execute the position’s requirements. You will need to act as a one person team.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher is expected in a related field, but not required if work experience and coding samples are of the highest quality.
We’re a bit different from most companies... here are a few things that set us apart:
• We love what we do, and occasionally find ourselves working late nights and weekends on projects. But we also need a break, just like everyone else. So, we have an unlimited vacation policy. Yep, unlimited vacation.
• We value people’s differences, as it leads to better end product. This idea applies throughout the organization. If you want to show up in jeans, or a suit — you’ll fit right in. Have an idea to improve something that someone else is working on in the office? Even if it’s your boss? Your opinions are always welcome here. Prefer to work from home some days? Go for it.
• Want to learn more about eye-tracking, or other research methodologies? Want to expand your area of expertise by learning a new development language? Attend a conference, take a class, or watch some online training videos — it’s on us. We let you grow in the areas that interest
What does all of this mean for you?
• Opportunities for advancement
• Flexible Hours with optional telecommuting
• Professional Development when needed
• Job security and stability
• Project variety
• Competitive Salary
• Did we mention unlimited vacation?
Please note that we cannot sponsor any visas and that this is NOT a remote position.
Send resume and samples to Erick Pfleiderer, firstname.lastname@example.org