I can't believe how much publishing has changed in just the short period of times I've been holding these lectures:
* Emergence of self-publishing as a viable path
* Department of Justice lawsuits against the big-six
* Amazon creating their own traditional publishing imprints
* Talks of mergers between two of the big-six
* Large publishers producing digital only imprints
* And many more...
My life has been crazy, but I want to get back into doing this on a regular basis, so let's start by taking stock of where publishing is now and where it might be heading.
Topics to include:
* The Four Paths to Publishing and advantages/disadvantages to each
* Keeping your options open - don't sign a contract that boxes you in
* Amazon and exclusivity - pros and cons
I've scheduled two hours and am planning for 45 minutes of "lecture" and 1.25 hours for Q&A - so come prepared to ask questions!