We'll start back up in January here are some choices for days to meet.
The Washington DC Write to Publish Group is unlike most writers’ groups (which focus on critiquing each other’s work). Instead this group is dedicated to the "business side" of writing and works to educate authors (and would be authors) on what to expect when going from a finished project to a book which is available for sale.
The group is currently run by Robin Sullivan, business manager of Michael J. Sullivan (bestselling author of 10 books: The Riyria Revelations (6) , The Riyria Chronicles (3), and Hollow World). Robin has "done it all" when it comes to publishing which includes:
• Obtaining two six-figure big-five contracts
• Sales in excess of 750,000 books
• Running a small press which earned multiple authors six-figure paychecks
• Self-publishing 7 of her husband's novels and selling more than 80,000 copies
• Working with two small presses
• One of only a few authors to obtain a "print only" deal
• Negotiating audio deals with publishers, audio producers, and audible.com
• More than 60 foreign language translations
• Managing multiple agents
• Running two of the top-earning fiction Kickstarters (#3 globally & #8 in US generating more than $90,000 & $30,000 respectively)
• Writing articles for Writer's Digest, Digital Book World, and Publishing Perspectives