Intro to Obstacle Course
Check out this new event custom designed for our group!
WHEN: March 30th -Saturday 6pm-8pm: Please arrive 15 minutes early to fill out waivers.
WHAT: Custom-designed just for the DC/MD/VA Aventurers Meetup! Have you been training for one of the following events: American Ninja Warrior, MetroDash, Warrior Dash, Tough Mudder, Deathrace 2000, The Long Walk, Jeopardy, Army Ranger School? Always thought about signing up? If you've always wanted to embark on the contest of a lifetime, and you need to get ready, because you're in it to win it or are just looking for a challenge... learn how to navigate obstacles with proper technique, experience flow of movement and find your inner ninja. You'll laugh at the mud, the tasers, the bee stings, the answers in the form of questions, because you *trained* and you suffered. You will likely see some of the following type of activities:
1. Monkey Bars- Funky Monkey from tough mudder
2. Cargo net - Spiders web
3. Huge tires
4. High walls, slippery walls /Everest from tough mudder
5. Low obstacles to teach you to crawl more efficiently
6. Crash pads and 8 ft walls that allow you get a feel of jumping off heights- walk the plank from tough mudder
7. Swinging ropes (rope a dope from tough mudder)
8. Going up walls with or with out using ropes
9. Mud mounds from warrior dash
COST: $40.00/per person. Limited space so make sure to RSVP early via Amazon Payments!
CARPOOL: Don’t forget if you want a ride or are willing to offer a ride – be a friend to the environment, save money, and make friends by just posting a message!! There is also ample parking.
- Have a ride: Please post where you are coming from, what time, and how many spots you have.
- Need a ride: Post that you need a ride and contact any offers via e-mail for those that are offering rides.
METRO ACCESSIBLE: Urban Evolution is a 5 minute walk (barely) from the Van Dorn Street metro station on the Blue Line. What to bring:
CLOTHES: Comfortable workout clothes that cover knees and shoes with traction (tennis shoes, etc - no boots) and a bottle of water.