DC EdTech MeetUp Message Board › Meetup Reminder + Important Information

Meetup Reminder + Important Information

A former member
Good Afternoon!

I hope all is well. This e-mail serves as a reminder that you are attending the inaugural DC Ed-Tech meetup on Thursday, December 6 at 6:00pm. Please read the details below:

What: DC Ed-Tech Meetup, "The 21st Century Classroom"

When: Thursday, December 6, 2012 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Where: NClud (Two blocks from Farragot North Metro)

1203 19th St NW

Washington, DC 20036

Note: If you cannot attend, please change your RSVP to "No." We have very limited seating.

New Information:

*EdSurge­, the go-to publication for all things edtech. Associate Editor Leonard Medlock will be on hand to share his observations and answer some sharp questions

*Katarina Piscinsky, a TFA Corps Member and 6th-grade English teacher in Prince George's County, will be conducting the interview with EdSurge.

*Please follow this link to see an image of the venue: http://imgur.com/HQH4...­ note that there will be a registration table with name tags and markers, as well as, an area where you can eat/drink.

*NClud's Building locks at 6pm. We have a volunteer who will let people up/down elevator to get into the building.

*There will be free pizza and beverages, courtesy of NClud and AlwaysPrepped. The food/drinks will be located in the kitchen area.

*We will be streaming the event live at ­http://www.ustream.tv...­

*We will also be live-tweeting with the hashtag #DCEdTech. Feel free to ask questions to the panelists, or just participate in an ongoing conversation with educators/entrepreneurs/policy analysts in the DC metro area.

*Please throw away all of your food/drink in trashbags located in the kitchen area. NClud is letting us use this space for free, so please respect their generosity.

If you have any questions, please e-mail me at brandon@alwaysprepped.com­ or call me directly at 704.560.3950[/url].