addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Washington DC Formula 1 Meetup Group Message Board › Austin GP 2014

Austin GP 2014

Guna
gr8guns
Newark, DE
Post #: 4
Hey guys,

Anyone planning on going to Austin this year?
I'm planning to go with a few friends (some of them new F1 fans, but great sports) & trying to scope out everything so we make the most of it! It coincides with the Halloween weekend, Texas 500, an exciting championship duel between the Merc drivers... couldn't pick a better time!

Now, I really need your help, especially from those who have been there in the past or planning again, in figuring out the logistics & making sure we cover all the important events/parties & make the most out of Austin!

So, it's a clean slate... yet to buy tickets (thinking of general admission if everything else gets too pricey), air or accommodation.

So, any pointers from you guys? like...
- where is the best place to stay?
- what are the must-see events/places/parties downtown? Austin Fanfest?
- any website to follow for the upcoming events?
- does general admission offer good viewing or grandstands are worth better?
- must check out food places?
- best opportunities to meet the drivers?
- staying back on Sunday night is recommended for the after-parties?

Or any vague diary/experience from your previous trips would be greatly helpful. All I know for sure is we plan to arrive there Thu night/Fri morning & head back Sun night/Mon morning.

Thanks in advance,
Guna