DC/MD/VA Mid Atlantic Snowboarding Meetup Message Board General Discussion › Introduce Yourself Thread:

Introduce Yourself Thread:

Drew
user 81830662
Arlington, VA
Post #: 1
Hey all,

Just found this group, I'm looking to get some more runs in before the season ends! I've been boarding for about 7 years and skied before that (not looking back ;). I don't make it out locally that often but I'm trying to change that. I make a trip out west every year with my little bro and whoever else wants to come. Just got back from Jackson Hole :D:D I mostly ride all-mountain, not too much park but I'll hit some kickers every once in a while. Also I have a Bob Ross snowboard which I think is pretty cool.

Drew
A.I.
user 59666192
Baltimore, MD

I'm Amber

I had my first experience 8 years ago and just picked back up last year, so call me a beginner. I love boarding and excited about this group.

I have only done wintergreen which is a baby compared to the other places you all named.

Can't wait to meet you all.

Shawn J.
user 13619261
Herndon, VA
Hey all, I'm Shawn, started riding around 1990. I enjoy more challenging terrain and going fast. But now that I've got two kids, I've mostly given up on trying to kill myself with huge jumps - though I'll take the occasional hit on a trail when I'm feelin' it. I don't get a lot of time to go, but I do LOVE it! I've only been out once this year, had plans to go this weekend to Snowshoe, that fell through early in the week. Now I'm trying to sneak in a Western Trip during Spring Break.
A former member
Hey all,

I'm Chad from Minnesota.

I love getting out boarding and hanging with chill people so hopefully I can find that this coming season.

Cheers,
Chad
John
user 62276882
Dundalk, MD
Post #: 2
What's up, everyone? John here. As I stated in my profile, it's been a while since I've shredded anything; so I miss it a lot. My board is collecting dust somewhere and I don't know if I still have my boots.

I have a feeling that this will be a great group that will get me hooked on it again and look forward to meeting you all. Cheers.
A former member
I'm Nate and just moved from Philly. Yes it's summer but wanted to jump on the meetup because I came across it trying to find common interest here in DC. I've been riding for about 4 years but unfortunately only get to the mountain a handful of times a year. Hoping to change that.
Eva
user 86102972
Derwood, MD
Hi guys! My name is Eva. I'll start by admitting that I've been craving winter to come around so I can start snowboarding again, hence the random mid-summer join. I moved down to Rockville from northern NJ just under a year ago and started really getting into snowboarding this past winter. I've always loved riding but never had the time while I was in college so I hope I get the chance to hit the mountains running... or sliding... this winter!
A former member
Post #: 4
I'm Sosun and I've been more of a skier but have tried snowboarding a couple times and am interested in perhaps trying again. Looking for more people to hit the slopes with because I don't go nearly enough!
Chris Rides W.
user 108860172
Burtonsville, MD
I'm Chris. I've been riding since 1990. I usually ride Wisp and used to ride WhiteTail, Liberty and Roundtop a lot but ever since going out West I've become increasingly jaded and angry with man made ice.

When I go out West: Steamboat Springs, Vail, Breck. I'm dying to go to Utah's Wasatch range soon and I wish to get into earning my turns, back country. Currently I love off piste and riding in the evergreens and Aspens.
A former member
Hey all, my name is Elise and I'm excited to meet some fun people and hit the slopes! I grew up skiing, then switched to boarding about 10 years ago. My usual stomping grounds include Snowshoe, Wisp and Canaan Valley; sometimes Seven Springs; Out West- Copper, A-Basin, Jackson Hole. Looking forward to some good fun this year!