DC Metro Volleyball Group Message Board › Volleyball by Lincoln Memorial

Volleyball by Lincoln Memorial

A former member
Post #: 1
Does anyone know any details about playing at the sand courts by the Lincoln Memorial? I've passed them every time I've had a cab to the airport but never figured out how to get there or the details about playing there.

Is it pick-up or organized? What days and times is it usually going on? Whats the best way to get there if you don't have a car? I'd appreciate any insight that anyone can offer.

Thanks!
Ken
user 9769523
Washington, DC
Check this link out . . .

http://www.geocities....­

Driving there is via the Potomac Parkway/Rock Creek Parkway depending on coming from the North or South. There is some parking on the sides of the road. By metro, you would walk from Foggy Bottom or Arlington Cemetary or Rosslyn. You might bike there from most of those directions/places. Cannot vouch for the play, though.
A former member
Post #: 2
I have only started going there in the last few weeks and I also am a little confuse on when there is pick up at these courts. I heard that there was pick up pretty much every day but I went out on thurday night and it looked like there was a league playing on the main courts.
A former member
Post #: 5
saturdays and sundays are pickup all day on all courts. during the week, league uses the three long courts, but people play pickup doubles on the outer short courts starting around 5 or 530. the easiest way to get there is to metro to foggy bottom and then take the free shuttle to the kennedy center. from the kennedy center, just walk towards the river and turn left down the bike path....the courts are right on the otherside of the bridge (this is less than a 5-minute walk). or you can go to the arlington metro stop, walk across memorial bridge, and hang a left down rock creek....that walk is about a mile or so though.
A former member
I was over there this afternoon and for not having played in two years like to think I held my own on the few games of doubles I played. It's pretty good competition over there however it looks like there a pretty tight knit group of players. Kinda makes it hard as a single player jumping in.

If anyone is look for a additional player to jump in on nights or weekends let me know.

A former member
Post #: 20
I was over there this afternoon and for not having played in two years like to think I held my own on the few games of doubles I played. It's pretty good competition over there however it looks like there a pretty tight knit group of players. Kinda makes it hard as a single player jumping in.

If anyone is look for a additional player to jump in on nights or weekends let me know.

So you say it would be better to assist with a partner already then?

I would love to join you, in August though, right now I'm still recovering from an injury. sad

Cheers! biggrin
nemuel
user 9066225
Miami, FL
Post #: 2
hey i would love to join anybody who plays at lincoln memorial. I've seen the place one time and it seems like there are good players and nice group of people.Let me know when they are picking up some days to play.
Lu
user 8983843
Washington, DC
yes I would like to play as well but not part of any group - would be great if any of you would like to team up one of these nights.
Lu
A former member
Does anyone know of any recreational leagues going on at the Lincoln Memorial or is it all drop in for beginners? or even where the info is online about the competitive leagues during the week?

Thanks so much!
Luqman
user 106792362
Washington, DC
Does anyone know where I can play pickup for fun at the volleyball court. Anytime, I visit a league is playing and its hard to determine which court is pickup or a league game? What are the hours and when is the best time especially after work?