Downtown Dog Walk Message Board › Ft. Harrison dog park plans underway

Ft. Harrison dog park plans underway

Leanne
lw1157
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 45
Several of you already know that Fort Harrison State Park is in the process of developing a dog park. This is very exciting! I received a flyer back in January from park staff and it is finally online for me to share with the group. I am particularly interested in Area C where there will be a pond and woods for the dogs to run and explore without violating leash laws.

FAQs
MAP

I just saw this on Facebook,
"The Fort Harrison State Park Dog Park is opening sometime this summer, and you can help us name the three play areas. Winners get a 2013 dog park pass or a 2013 annual park pass. Check out the details and entry information." Contest flyer.
Leanne
lw1157
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 46
discovered through the comments on FB that when the passes become available, they will be $75/year. also, the park does not plan to have any breed restrictions (yeah!). they will expect people and dogs to act in a friendly manner though.
Leanne
lw1157
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 52
DNR just updated their website regarding information on the dog park and announced that “Herrin Hill, the smallest of the three areas at about 1.3 acres, will open on Labor Day Weekend, 2013. Initially Herrin Hill will be open for dogs of all sizes with a water station, benches and waste stations with bags." Annual passes will be $75/dog, but “tags for the remainder of 2013 only will be prorated at $30/dog.” For additional information, check out the park’s updated FAQ page.