addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DFW Friends of Halloween Message Board › Other "haunted" activities

Other "haunted" activities

Nancy M.
user 3505492
Dallas, TX
Post #: 2
Just wanted to put the word out about some other fun things to do, in case anyone's game. Not as intense as the haunted houses, but interesting. For the past 3 years, I've gone to McKinney Ghost Walk, held on 2 consecutive Saturdays in October (this year Oct. 13 & 20). You walk around the square and stop where you see storytellers in period clothing, where they talk of alleged haunted activities inside the building where they are standing. A trolley takes you to Chestnut Square, a historical site where there have been numerous ghostly sightings, and the north Texas paranormal society tells all kinds of great stories, complete with photos. You can eat beforehand & make a night of it if you'd like. If you've never been to the square in McKinney, it's a really quaint place - I go every chance I get.

Also, I saw recently online that Dallas has a walking ghost tour, where they go to some buildings at the West End and tell stories of sightings. I can't vouch for that one since I haven't done it, but I'm planning on it sometime this month and will give my review of it afterwards.
Hillary
HKidd
McKinney, TX
Post #: 6
There's also a really cool true crimes tour that's offered every year at the Heritage Farmstead Museum. Each year the stories change so it's never the same. Here's the info:

Collin County's past hasn't always been pretty. What better way to learn of this devious past then at Murder & Mayhem: True Crimes of Collin County? This unique tour offers an unparalleled glimpse into the infamous crimes and notorious characters that helped shape Collin County into what it is today.

This evening of tantalizing storytelling will take place at the Heritage Farmstead Museum on Friday, October 26th from 7:00pm to 10:00pm. A guide will lead your group by lantern light as professional storytellers relay the darker side of Collin County at both 7:00pm and 8:30pm. The evening ends with the reenacted murder trial featuring the Museum's own scandalous, Hunter Farrell.

Tickets are $20.00 per person and advanced purchase is required. Due to the nature of the stories, this event is not recommended for children under the age of 13.

You can purchase tickets online for this event at www.heritagefarmstead.org or call 972-881-0140.