align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

DFW Independent Publishers Message Board › Question about a recent email from the group

Question about a recent email from the group

Lawrence L.
user 23594651
Dallas, TX
Post #: 1
I received an email stating the group would shut down on August 18th if a new leader did not step forward. Is this information correct?

Charlotte Ann M.
user 4340008
Dallas, TX
I received an email stating the group would shut down on August 18th if a new leader did not step forward. Is this information correct?

ALL -- I have NOT stepped down from leading this group. It looks like someone has hacked into the Meetup account. I have contacted Meetup about this and am expecting a call shortly to correct this issue.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Please call me 214-684-5403 or INBOX me in FB (not public) if you have any questions. Please know that I would never step down and leave you guys in the wind. Love serving you too much! smile

Purpose & Destiny,
Charlotte Ann
Bill H.
user 48204922
Plano, TX

ALL -- I have NOT stepped down from leading this group. It looks like someone has hacked into the Meetup account. I have contacted Meetup about this and am expecting a call shortly to correct this issue.

I wonder if the whole meetup thing got hacked. I must've got a dozen messages yesterday asking if I'd meetup with a group in Ft. Worth. And the meetings were scheduled all the way into Oct.

Ft.Worth is a little far for me unless it is really special but these were advertised as "no presentation" meetings, just get-togethers for 'net working.'. So I considered them spam. I'd really prefer not to get those messages.

Bill Henslee
Rosemary
Rosemary05
Plano, TX
Post #: 144
Charlotte Ann,
You have being doing such a great job with this group, it was disturbing to receive all these emails. I am out of town right now and just able to see the site and your response. I know you would never leave the group this way. I'm glad you are getting it resolved as I was about the exit the group if this other person was taking over.

Thanks for your dedication to writers and authors,
Rosemary Schram
Rosemary
Rosemary05
Plano, TX
Post #: 145
This is written at the bottom of those recently posted meetings: Hosted by: maurinebelamide (Assistant Organizer). Is this person actually an assistant organizer? If not, could you please delete any bogus meetings? It's hard to know what is real and what is not. Thanks, Charlotte Ann.