First, I want to wish all members a happy and successful 2010!
To kick the year off, as a guest host, we will be presenting a session on "How to find great deals" in cooperation with the "Texas Buy and Holden" real estate meetup group.
This session will be held at the Golden Corral in Mckinney, at 6PM on Jan 14th.
The session presented will include informative handouts that cover a level of detail the session may not allow us to go into --so don't miss it! :)
A tentative outline is provided below --Please stay tuned fo updates.
We will also be br providing information and free access to attendees our software for finding great MLS listed deals.
FYI, the "Texas Buy and Holdem" official meetup link is as follows:
P.S. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or comments.
Hope to see you there!
Tentative outline of presentation:
The focus of this cursory seminar is how to find redisdential investment deals.
I) Introduction (who we are, background, etc.)
* What is a “deal”Goals and end game (rental, wholesale, rehab and resell)
* Flipability and area
* Understanding comps
* Understanding Tax appriasal
II) How to find bargains(MLS, HUD, VA, court house steps auctions, knocking on doors, wholesellers, newspaper, online ads, etc.) --brief overview of these
III) Rental cash flow vs. Appreciation
* Understanding cashflow
* Understanding equity and margins required to be profitable
IV) Are you prepared to be a property manager?
* Choosing and screening tenants
* Success and horror stories
* Renting Scetion 8 –pros and cons
* Benefits of using a 3rdparty property management company
* Harvesting the full power of the MLS
* Overview of our software for finding MLS deals (MVP –MLS Value Portal)
* Brief overview of how to buy HUD properties
* Overview of our software for tracking HUD properties (HITS –HUD Information& Tracking System)
There will be a write-up, available to attendees, accompanying the seminar that will go into more detail on the concepts that the seminar will only have time to brief over.