DFW Scrum Message Board › Job Posting: Project Managers in Dallas (Pos #1)
My clients are looking for several Project Managers for 1-2yr projects in Dallas and Austin, TX
Would you or someone you know be interested?
Green Card/EAD or US Citizen
Position #1 - Dallas TX
Project Manager - Immediate start!!
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. The Project Manager is responsible for managing the large eCommerce Software Development projects, maintenance rollouts and any pre development phases that need a Business Initiative to be converted into a Project Initiation process. The Project Manager is responsible for making sure a project is completed with a certain level of quality by managing the various factors such as time, money, people and technology
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
2. Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
3. Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
4. Understand the technologies used in the project such as Java and/or .NET and able to review the technical approaches used for the proposed solution.
5. Reviews deliverables prepared by team.
6. Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
7. Prepares for reviews and quality assurance procedures.
8. Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
9. Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
10. Project Accounting
11. Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a scheduled basis.
12. Manages project budget.
13. Setting up meetings; running meetings; writing and distributing meeting minutes
14. Determining resources required, interviewing candidates, vetting vendors, and assigning tasks
15. Preparing status reports and presenting to upper management
16. Perform other duties as assigned
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
1. Project Management
a) Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
b) Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
c) Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
d) Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
e) Effectively applies IT development methodology and enforces project standards.
f) Prepares for reviews and quality assurance procedures.
g) Minimizes the exposure and risk on project.
h) Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
2. Project Accounting
a) Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
b) Manages project budget.
3. Financial Management
a) Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
b) Accurately forecasts project costs and tracks Actual expenses and accruals.
c) Assures project documents are completed and signed.
a) Facilitates team and Business Partner meetings effectively.
b) Holds regular status meetings with project team.
c) Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
d) Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
e) Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
f) Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
g) Understands how to communicate difficult / sensitive information tactfully.
5. Technical Understanding
a) Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client / server architectures.
c) Possesses a thorough understanding of the technical capabilities of various in house systems.
d) Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on current and new projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project.
2. Familiar with programming languages, including Java and/or .Net
3. Operating systems experience with Linux and Windows
4. Competent and proficient understanding of platforms
5. Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies
6. Demonstrated experience in personnel management for Project teams.
7. Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
8. Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
9. Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
10. Flexible during times of change.
11. Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
12. Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
13. Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
14. Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
15. Ability to bring project to successful completion.
16. Strong written and oral communication skills.
17. Strong interpersonal skills.
18. Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
19. Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
20. Customer service skills an asset.
21. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.