DFW Scrum Message Board › Job Posting: Sr. Development Manager and Product Manager
Contact: Mitchell Roll <mroll(at)stephenslittle.com>
Senior Software Development Manager
This is a key leadership role that combines the skills of a software development manager, project manager and team lead. Reporting to the Director of Product Development, this position will manage the day-to-day operations of the product development teams for two of the firm’s leading business solutions. This role includes planning, scheduling, coordinating, tracking and reporting on development projects for major, minor and maintenance releases. It includes working closely with Product Management and QA to drive the development of release plans and functional specifications, as well as hands-on contributions to software architectures and designs. This is a key leadership role with the opportunity to develop and mentor an existing team of software developers and analysts.
· 7-10 years minimum experience architecting, designing and developing commercial software products for business applications.
· 5 years minimum in a leadership and management position with up to 12 direct reports.
· 5 years minimum experience in object-oriented and component-based analysis, design and development.
· Proven experience in managing the development cycle for multiple products simultaneously.
· Practical application of software product development standards and methodologies including Agile and Test Driven Development.
· 5 years minimum experience developing products in Java, EJB, JSP, Swing and MySQL on Linux, preferably RedHat.
· 2 years minimum experience developing products in C# with MS Visual Studio .Net.
· Working knowledge of developing products in Visual Basic 6, Access and SQL Server.
· Expert knowledge and application of Web Services, XML, SQL.
· Strong knowledge of enterprise class software requirements including performance, security, scalability, and usability.
· Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Strong supervision, coaching and mentoring skills.
· Demonstrated team leadership in a dynamic, fast moving product development environment.
· Expertise in design and development of ERP, CRM and Point-of-Sale solutions is a plus.
· BS Computer Science.
· MS Computer Science preferred.
Senior Product Manager
Drive day-to-day product management functions for one of the firm’s strategic product lines. As the product champion, run each product as a business, know its strengths and weaknesses, competitive advantages and disadvantages, discuss technical features and business benefits with both business and technical audiences. Work in close collaboration with development and business leadership teams to establish and execute new and incremental product strategies, requirements and release plans. Maintain a high degree of communication across technology, development, support, implementations, sales and marketing departments. Manage Product Roadmaps and facilitate communication across organization on updates and changes. Manage product beta cycles from process, identification of candidates, and fluid communication between beta sites and the organization. Manage product launch programs across all departments. Develop and present product go-to-market plans, partnering strategies, product positioning, white papers, product briefs, sales training, partner training and competitive analysis. Establish, implement and maintain product packaging, licensing and pricing programs.
This position reports to the President of one of the firm’s business units. Based in TX, this position requires 25% to 30%. Travel will be required between the corporate office in TX and satellite offices, as well as for trade show attendance, customer visits and market partnership related events.
Required Experience and Skills
Minimum 5 years experience in software product management.
Demonstrated ability to manage mature product lines in a competitive market.
Demonstrated success in defining, implementing and advocating effective product management processes, methods and tools.
Ownership and hands-on development of product road maps, release plans, requirements documents and go-to-market plans.
Very strong combination of technical, business and marketing acumen.
Self-motivated, self-managing and conscientious.
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with internal and external customers.
Strong teamwork and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to influence and prioritize needs across all product stakeholders in the business.
Ability and desire to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Product development or product management experience with ERP, supply chain and/or point-of-sale solutions.
Experience in back-office solutions in the office supplies, office equipment, lumber and building materials and hardlines markets.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Engineering or Computer Science.
Masters in Business Administration (MBA) or Technology Management is a plus.
Hyperion Financial Management Systems (FMS) Administrator - Dallas, TX/Nationally
An ideal candidate will have Oracle EMP architect, coding and administration experience. Manage applications built from many data sources. A degree is required. Great benefits, highly stable and comfortable work environment with nice dynamics.
Technical Support – Irving, TX
Strong Microsoft knowledge - Server: Windows 2003 - 2008: Client: Windows XP - 7: Office products - Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Knowledge of network technologies: TCP/IP, Active Directory, DNS
Excellent troubleshooting skills
Helpdesk experience - Problem Analysis - Documentation
HTML, XML, SQL knowledge
Mobile support - iOS, Android, and BlackBerry
Lotus Domino and Notes support