align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

DFW Scrum Message Board › Jason's idea of a "virtual" DFWScrum UG in December, featuring Inn

Jason's idea of a "virtual" DFWScrum UG in December, featuring Innovation Games

Charles Gary M.
user 10227862
Dallas, TX
Post #: 4
Jason Tanner, may his frequent flyer miles ever shine, has posted an idea here.­ I'd like to get a discussion thread going to illuminate Jason's idea a bit.

Jason, would you elaborate a bit on what you had in mind?

g.
Jason T.
user 7963231
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 1
There are a handful of options to consider using innovationgames.com for an online meetup.

1. We could play a game allowing participants to collaboratively provide many ideas about what they would like to see from DFWScrum next year...think of it as collecting items for the backlog.

2. If there are already some (10 or so) ideas about what DFWScrum can do next year but we're not sure of the prioritization, we could play a game allowing participants to collaboratively prioritize the backlog.

3. If we would like to identify what may be holding back DFWScrum from growing/improving/changing/whatever, we could play a game that identifies the impediment log (but not the action plan...that's a different activity).

4. Or we could play a game that answers some other question. I can design a game around a lot of different topics...with the same characteristics above...collecting ideas, prioritizing, or anchors (see prune the product tree, speed boat and buy a feature at the innovationgames.com web site).

Thanks,
Jason
(919) 740-9678
Charles Gary M.
user 10227862
Dallas, TX
Post #: 5
*cheer* I am a big fan of Buy a Feature. I have not participated in a Prune or Speedboat. I recommend we encourage folks to check out innovationgames.com as you advise, and get some votes in using your schedule/idea here at the site.

What say everybody?
TTCrockeTT
tycrockett
Rowlett, TX
Post #: 4
I think this is a great concept and supports how we do what we do.
David U.
user 10079140
Flower Mound, TX
Post #: 2
I agree that this would be great. As an Agile Coach if I can teach, my audience can have fun AND learn something valuable then just put one in the win column! Just FYI that there are other sites offering other game ideas such as http://blog.tastycupc...­. I look forward to learning from Jason.