DIYBio Vancouver - Open Science Network Message Board › Leaving town, looking for successors

Leaving town, looking for successors

Michael Y.
user 10996074
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
It's been a great time getting to meet everyone, and I see we're growing and getting stronger!

I wanted to know if anyone here would like to take control of the meetup. It's not restricted to just one single person, so there's room enough for everyone. And of course, I set it up so any member may suggest and schedule events, so don't be shy!

Since I will be leaving town in a few months so I won't be able to do much on the other side of the ocean and the Iron Curtain. But I will keep paying all the dues to Meetup, so don't worry, it won't cost you a thing.
Norm
user 9368446
Burnaby, BC
Post #: 1
I am still a newcomer to DIYBio. However I would like to promote and develop a strong interest group. I remember when PC's were at this stage some 40 years ago. Yes, I'm that old. I remember our Homebrew computer club. Both Bill Gates and Steve Jobs grew their billion dollar businesses from a similar interest group. DIYBIO has the potential of trillions. I envision a biosynthesizer the size of a microwave that would synthesize all the necessary daily nutrients for a family after doing a quick and simple non invasive analysis. How about a sniffer that would identify the age and ripeness of all your produce and potentially enhance its nutrient content. In 1970 the PC wasn't even being considered as a possibility outside of Scifi novels. I envision an app that will wirelessly connect to your tooth brush breathalyzer to report on everything from tooth decay to blood glucose to viral load.

The field is wide open.

Please consider my application.

Regards,

Norm
Michael Y.
user 10996074
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 15
Hello Norm! Thank you for your letter, I can definitely tell that you have the zeal and ambition that will serve the cause well!

I'm looking forward to meeting soon. Here's my number: 604.728.7847... feel free to call me in the evenings. What is your number?