addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

DIYbio Toronto Message Board › Running our own biological experiments and building machines

Running our own biological experiments and building machines

user 10370700
Toronto, ON
Post #: 1
I would like for us to get to the point were we can build our own open source machines and toolkits. Here are some videos which demonstrate the possibilities.

Peter K.
user 55039352
Amsterdam, NL
Post #: 1
I take this opportunity to invite you to check out this openPCR project on indiegogo:

user 12048956
Toronto, ON
Post #: 2
Looks like OpenPCR is the better way to go:­

I've got no clue about reagents and primer design, but it looks like you can buy kits to detect certain sequences, like these handy meat speciation kits:

I'd really like to do this, and am happy to put in some cash. Any other takers?
roberta b.
user 39448542
Toronto, ON
Post #: 6
just to add to openpcr­