addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DIYbio Toronto Message Board › The Cartoon Guide to Genetics

The Cartoon Guide to Genetics

Andrew
user 10735347
Toronto, ON
Post #: 4
I found that a gentler introduction to genetics than the Molecular Biology of the Cell was the Cartoon Guide to Genetics. It covers the material in the first four chapters of MBoC, but it's a lot easier to read and just as fascinating. I got my copy at Book City in the Annex about a year ago, and it's (of course) available on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.ca/...­

It was also recommended by a professor at one of the TorBUG meetings, so it's a legit way to learn this stuff. I'd even recommend reading it before tackling MBoC, because it makes MBoC easier to understand.