addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DIYbio Toronto Message Board › CONSIDER THIS from Hackteria.

CONSIDER THIS from Hackteria. Actinomycetes Tournament: Open antibiotics discovery

roberta b.
user 39448542
Toronto, ON
Post #: 29
Duane H.
user 65348982
Toronto, ON
Post #: 3
The link is not working for me this morning. However I have plenty of ideas in this area (and experience as well).
roberta b.
user 39448542
Toronto, ON
Post #: 30
it's been down for a couple of days now. maybe being updated?
Duane H.
user 65348982
Toronto, ON
Post #: 4
Related to this is a presentation I gave last year at a Biodefense conference in Washington,D.C.

https://www.dropbox.c...­

Actinomyces have been a mainstay of drug discovery for decades in Antibiotics and beyond.
It is estimated that more than 90% of environmental organisms can not be cultured in the lab.
This hidden diversity can only be explored by a concerted effort.
A very worthwhile area to explore.
Michael Y.
user 94483532
Shrewsbury, MA
Post #: 6
A PhD student who's taking the Bioinformatics course I'm taking is actually doing this research right now.

Not very feasible for DIYBio.
roberta b.
user 39448542
Toronto, ON
Post #: 34
check this out . some of these people are totally DIY
https://brmlab.cz/pro...­