addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DMV Intuitive Introverts Message Board › Fellow Introvert Artists?

Fellow Introvert Artists?

A former member
Post #: 12
I feel you there.... It is much harder for me to motivate myself to do "personal work" than it is for me to buckle down and do a piece for a client. (A tendency I am trying to rectify at the moment by taking fewer client projects!)

You might really enjoy a subscription to ImagineFX Magazine... because it gives you a glossy, once-a-month tome of tutorials and fantasy/sci-fi/imaginative art to oogle at. (I sure wish I'd found out about it years earlier!) Kinda pricey, as it is shipped from the UK. I think I just paid around $120 for a year... but, dang, is it worth it! =)
Laura
user 14156184
Silver Spring, MD
Post #: 12
I have heard of ImagineFX, it's lovely. Right now, I have been focusing on writing...spent 3 hours last night putting a plot together :p. I also really like ConceptArt for illustration technique and there are also some decent tutorials on DeviantArt...I really like PSDTuts and VectorTuts (tons of free content if you are into graphic design).
A former member
Post #: 13
Kinda funny, right now I am back toward "writing mode" ...juggling my two pet children's/YA fantasy projects. In fact that is what I should be doing right now... What are you working on writing-wise?

ConceptArt and DeviantArt are both great resources. I'd never heard of PSDTuts and VectorTuts, I'll have to check them out.
Laura
user 14156184
Silver Spring, MD
Post #: 13
Kinda funny, right now I am back toward "writing mode" ...juggling my two pet children's/YA fantasy projects. In fact that is what I should be doing right now... What are you working on writing-wise?

ConceptArt and DeviantArt are both great resources. I'd never heard of PSDTuts and VectorTuts, I'll have to check them out.

It's a sci-fi epic. Right now I am laying down the backstory. It is something I sort of see using more for an RPG or TV series. Or a novel series. YA writing is real hot right now, especially with all the vampire drama :p.