addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DMV Intuitive Introverts Message Board › Anyone want to take over the group?

Anyone want to take over the group?

Josef E.
user 11320339
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 7
Hey all, due to my current schedule and situation I'm going to stop managing the group (and associated Meetup fees). Its currently paid through September 27th but after that I'm going to cancel my subscription as meetup organizer.

If anyone would like to take it over from me please let me know prior to the end of August so we can figure out how to switch ownership.

Hope you all are well.

Take care,
- Joe
Laura
user 14156184
Silver Spring, MD
Post #: 14
What about creating a Facebook group? It's free :)
A former member
Post #: 14
Facebook group sounds like a good plan to me =)
Josef E.
user 11320339
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 8
Good thunkin'. You got the skillz and knowhow?
A former member
Post #: 3
Hey, josef I sent you a couple email messages, did you get them? Just checking.
Laura
user 14156184
Silver Spring, MD
Post #: 16
Well, it would be my first time creating a Facebook group, but I am on that dang site so much I could probably figure it out :p. It looks like Free might have some ideas as well.
Josef E.
user 11320339
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 9
Free,

Just found them now in my web of automated filing. I'll have to get you a reply or two on your email.
A former member
Post #: 4
Well, I'm considering taking the reins everybody... hope that's cool. I wasn't really itching to do it... but I think this is an important group to have up and running, though. So Josef, do I have to pay and then you switch it over to me (whatever 'it' is exactly) or do you switch and then I have to pay?
Laura
user 14156184
Silver Spring, MD
Post #: 17
That is fine with me. It's brave of you to step up, Free. If I can help out in anyway, let me know.
Josef E.
user 11320339
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 10
Hey Free, I just changed your group role to co-organizer. I also edited membership rules and opened it up to whoever wants to join. If you'd like to change it back to only allow members to join after approval you can do that in Group Tools. You should have the access to do so now. I also made the intro questions not required.

As far as the financial side, I'll do some research or call them and figure that bit out. As soon as I know I'll let you know via email. Thanks bro. I agree that this group is an important group and if it stays up and running I'd still like to make it to events I have time for :-S