addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

DMV Intuitive Introverts Message Board › Activities in MD

Activities in MD

Yuna
user 15731801
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 5
Hi everyone, we've had a lot of activities recently in DC and VA, but none in MD. But since the name of the group is DMV Intuitive Introverts, I would like to organize some activities on the MD side some time too. For those of you in the group who are Marylanders, do you have any suggestions for places and activities?
Suzanne
user 3828243
Columbia, MD
Post #: 1
Historic Ellicott City (Howard County) has some interesting shops and restaurants I think people would like.

I notice that most of the meetups have been in the afternoon. If others are interested in doing something on a weekend night, house concerts are usually good. This is where people invite singer/songwriters into their homes and host a concert. It usually costs $15 or $20, all the money goes to the musicians. It's nice to be in a smaller setting to hear music. I've been to a few in Howard Co., but also Montgomery Co. I can research this if others are interested ...
Yuna
user 15731801
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 6
That would be good to organize and offer up. I have constraints on my schedule, which is why the events tend to be when they are. However, it would be super to have more events if others are willing to organize them as well.
Suzanne
user 3828243
Columbia, MD
Post #: 2
I can do that if others are interested : )
Yuna
user 15731801
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 7
That would be super! Put together an event under suggested events, and I will put it on the calendar and announce it.
Laura
user 14156184
Silver Spring, MD
Post #: 19
A coworker told me about Brookside Gardens in Wheaton, MD. They have 50 acres of gardens and a butterfly exhibit during the spring and summer. It's 1 mile from the Glenmont Metro. Admission to the butterfly garden is $6 but admission to the gardens is free.
Suzanne
user 3828243
Columbia, MD
Post #: 3
Laura, That sounds like a great idea. I like anything related to nature! People would probably want to go early which wouldn't work for me, but it sounds like a great outing that others would enjoy. I think Yuna said to post ideas somewhere else, she may not have seen this.
Yuna
user 15731801
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 9
What a great idea. This is the place, right?
http://www.montgomery...­
Yuna
user 15731801
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 11
Hi guys, I added an event at Brookside Garden. Hope you can make it.
Michelle
user 34226752
Leesburg, VA
Post #: 1
Hi! Events in Maryland would be great since I live in Montgomery County. But I would also be open to more events in DC that are metro accessible like in the Dupont Circle area or Chinatown area. I just finished reading Quiet: The Power of Introverts and thought it was an excellent book, however going all the way to VA to discuss it is really not feasible for me. The same with meeting for lunch or coffee.

I am willing to organize events as well. I am really interested in going to the Library of Congress if that would be of interest to anyone.

Thanks!