DMV Intuitive Introverts Message Board › All things Inaugural: A List of Inaugural Balls

All things Inaugural: A List of Inaugural Balls

Kimbers
user 4993115
Group Organizer
Arlington, VA
Post #: 7
I'm not big on crowds, but some events are too interesting or important to stay in my comfortable, quiet nest for. The 2013 Inauguration and related events may actually get me to climb out of my own personal cubbyhole. I don't know if I will find my mojo to actually venture into the crowds for these events, but maybe you, brave soul, will get out there and partake of the plethora of all things inaugural. Just to start, here is a list of some of the inaugural balls. Formal balls, state balls, business balls, artistic balls - whatever is your fancy. This list is from http://dc.about.com/o...­.

Official Inaugural Balls

Due to the current economic conditions of the country, President Barack Obama has announced that he is cutting back on the number of inaugural balls. There will be just two official parties plus a concert honoring military families. The cutback on festivities is meant to reduce government spending and the amount of security and law-enforcement personnel needed. This will be the lowest number of balls in the past 60 years. Here are the details on the official events:
Children’s Concert - Date to Be Announced. Washington Convention Center. Hosted by Michelle Obama and Jill Biden to honor children and spouses of those serving in the Armed Forces. The concert will feature popular young artists. It is likely that this event will be by invitation only. (more details to be announced)

Commander In Chief’s Ball – Monday, January 21, 2013. Washington Convention Center. For members of the Armed Forces. Tickets will be free for invited guests, including active duty and reserve service members, Medal of Honor recipients and wounded warriors, among others, with troops overseas participating via video.

The Inaugural Ball - Monday, January 21, 2013. Washington Convention Center. Limited tickets are available to the public for $60. They are available on a first-come first served basis. Request up to 2 tickets here.

Unofficial Inaugural Balls

Due to character limits for discussions, a file with a list of inaugural balls is available at the link below. Events are listed by date.
http://files.meetup.c...­