Hi everyone! The past emails about the launch of PhotoMeetUps.com
brought emails asking questions, so here are some answers. My apologies to those that have already become PhotoMeetUps.com VIP?s, this email goes to the entire group by default. Again, my apologies for the repetitiveness, but I want it very, very, very clear, you are not paying for two websites, see below.
But before we get more into clarifying the last two emails, often I get asked about workshops, we just announced Barbados, Atlantic City, Houston and the Moab. Well also announce soon Chicago, Dallas and San Diego, you can contact Barbara for more information on that an other exciting locations. Also Jerry and I are conducting private instruction at Jerry?s Studio in Losa Angeles. See more at http://www.rolandogomez.net
Let us know! And if you?re a VIP for PhotoMeetUps.com, you get a discount, Barbara can tell you more about it. Now back to PhotoMeetUps.com info:
1. You are not paying for two websites?meetup.com does not charge you, it only charges us, the organizers. Both sites are actually free to register.
2. Our monthly group fees from day one is advertised on meetup.com, but unfortunately their payment system requires us to do things manually on our end?and many people do not pay. It costs approximately $1,000 for us to come to you at each city, roughly that?s 70 paid members to make it happen.
3. When you joined our groups, it stated on the meetup.com site that we require a monthly fee of $14.95. Meetup.com encourages organizers to have their own group websites, we have one for all 15 groups to provide you a wealth of networking and knowledge, but it?s new and needs your interactivity.
4. We have centralized billing at PhotoMeetUps.com?this is where you pay with PayPal securely and receive your VIP status?do not pay at meetup.com, that we do as organizers. This will not affect your membership at meetup.com nor are you paying them for anything?again, they don?t charge anyone but us.
5. PhotoMeetUps.com is the ?co-op? website for all our groups. We encourage you to set up your profile there if you have not done so already. Setting it up is free, but we need your payment so that we can conduct our meet-ups in your area promptly.
6. It costs roughly $1,000 for our team to come to your city between hotel, airfare, etc. Without your support, we cannot make these meet-ups happen regularly. We need at least 70 paid members for each group, on average. When you pay for your local group, it entitles you to attend any of the other group meet-ups should you be in the area.
7. We are not asking you to leave meetup.com, by no means!
8. VIP speakers cost money, we bring them to you but we need you to do your part so that can happen. Past guests included Marc Hauser, Eli Reed, Harrison Funk and others. We?ve held meet-ups in San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Antonio, Phoenix, Las Vegas, New York, Portland, Seattle and Chicago. We need your support to keep them going.
9. Register at PhotoMeetUps.comhttp://www.photomeetups.com/maincommunity
it?s free. Free
we don?t mind, but please keep in mind, this limits your benefits. Paid VIP Members will always have priority to benefits, discounts to products, meet-up events, etc., plus eligible to receive random photo critiques from
Jerry, photo industry experts and I on our PMU photography forums.
10. After registration, then please support the
community by becoming VIP here:http://www.photomeetups.com/membershipbenefits/subscriptionlayout
You can also skip step 9 above and go straight to this link and create
your account after you?ve paid?either way, you?ll become a VIP and you?re only paying for one site. Again, you are not buying a membership to meetup.com, it?s free except to meet-up group owners/founders.
11. After registration, at PhotoMeetUps.com, and only if
you?re a VIP, then please go to this page,http://www.photomeetups.com/photomeetupgroups
and join your
group?keep in mind, membership in one group entitles you
to participate in all groups. So if you join Dallas and are on
vacation in Las Vegas and want to attend a Las Vegas meet-up at a
discounted price, you can, but only if you?re a VIP Member
12. After registration, please upload your profile images and enjoy our amazing photography album system, forums, etc. Please participate there, as your activity on the site also supports our groups, and encourages sponsorship participation to reduce future fees and bring you more as a co-op of groups.
If you?ve read this far, a applaud you and I hope I was successful
in thoroughly explaining the system. We hope to see you at
PhotoMeetUps.com, your community.
Thanks and respectfully, Rolando