add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

DMV Portrait Explorers Message Board › Revitalizing this Meetup group

Revitalizing this Meetup group

Jim G.
user 9617844
Group Organizer
Rockville, MD
Hi Fellow Photographers,

I just took on the roll as group organizer of this Meetup a few days ago. I've been active in the DMV for over ten years as a professional photographer and photographic educator. I hope to use my experience to revitalize this group and provide opportunities for everyone to both grow as a photographer and to have more fun with their camera. You can read up on me at and view more of my professional photography at­ and­

This particular email is set to send all responses to the entire group. I promise that this feature will be used very infrequently. I chose to do it this time so that everyone may share their input and ideas on the new direction of this Meetup. So please do so.

To get the ball rolling, I'm scheduled a Meetup for Thursday evening, September 15th called "Everybody Has Problems" The cost is $10.00 - just enough to cover the rent for the space. It's an opportunity to meet other members face-to-face and to get some input on how to improve what you are shooting. Please come early, if you can.

Jim Guzel
Aphrodite Photography
T: 202.362.2008