addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DC/MD/VA Robotics and Automation Meetup Group Message Board › Robot - AGV Kit etc

Robot - AGV Kit etc

Richard
dx7-81z
Seal Beach, CA
Post #: 1
I will not be able to attend the first meeting. I am interested in controlling devices from microcontrollers or computers. I am currently playing with 3 microcontroller projects. 1 - Autonomous Guided Vehicle (AGV) Robot kit (Derbot Kit from UK), 2 - CUI32 USB development environment (PIC 32 bit microproccessor board designed by UC Santa Barbara and sold by Sparkfun) and 3- WinCE 6.0 development environment (mini2440 with Samsung Sc32440 microprocessor from China).

The reason I am looking at three environments: 1) AGV to provide motion and for controlling motors, servos, ultrasonic and light sensitive and other sensors 2) CUI32 for building access to USB 3) WinCE device to support program logic (for robot brains) and provide easy interface to video camera, bluetooth etc.

References:
The Derbot AGV is documented in the book "Designing Embedded Systems with PIC Microcontrollers" by Tim Wilmshurst and the web site http://www.embedded-k...­

The CUI32 is documented at web site http://code.google.co...­
A former member
Post #: 33
Interesting projects. AGV project is similar to my Quadrotor project. Hopefully we will get to hear about your project in one of the meetups soon.

Cheers
brijesh