Frederick County Parks and Recreation has built a new dog park in Ballenger Creek Park for the public to enjoy! The dog park is approximately 4 acres in size with two separate small dog and all dog areas, walkways and trails, benches and water.
All dogs must have current vaccinations and shall wear a visible vaccination tags and identification tags (or bring vaccination records)
Dog Park Hours
Open daily 8:00 am - Sunset
Dog Park Rules
- Frederick County is not responsible for injuries to dogs, their owners/handlers or others that use the Dog Park. Dog owners/handlers are solely liable for injuries or damage caused by their dogs.
- This park is designed for the use of people and their dogs; no other animals are allowed.
- Dogs under four (4) months of age and female dogs in heat are not permitted in the Dog Park.
- Children under 12 must be closely supervised at all times by an adult. It is strongly recommended that young children not be brought to the Dog Park for their own safety.
- No smoking, food/treats (human or dog), alcoholic beverages, strollers or bicycles.
- No more than two dogs per owner/handler
- Owner/handler must immediately clean up after their dog(s) and place in the proper receptacle. This is the single most important thing dog owners/handlers can do to help insure the ongoing success of the Dog Park. Leave the area cleaner than it was when you arrived. It’s a small price to pay for being allowed to enjoy this wonderful park with your dog
- All dogs must have current vaccinations and shall wear a visible vaccination tags and identification tags.
- Dogs must be under control and in view of the owner/handler at all times. Do not use the park as a babysitter for your dog or your children.
- Aggressive dogs are prohibited from this park. Dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior must be removed from the park immediately. Failure to remove aggressive dogs may lead to loss of Dog Park privileges.
- Dogs must be on a leash and under control by their owner/handler at all times outside of the fenced Dog Park. Dogs must be leashed when entering/leaving the fenced area and owners/handlers must have a leash in their possession at all times.
- Owners/handlers must stop their dogs from digging and immediately fill any holes dug.
- Dog Park gates must be closed immediately after entering and exiting the facility.
- Only flying disc and tennis ball type toys are permitted within fenced area.
- For dog related emergencies, please call Frederick County Animal Control Division at[masked] or[masked]-2558.
- For non-emergency or facility related questions, please call Frederick County Parks and Recreation Division at[masked]-2353.