addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Dallas Atheist Book Club Message Board › Morality without God book review follow up

Morality without God book review follow up

Keith K.
user 12906323
Dallas, TX
Post #: 22
I was going to mention this at our meeting last night (10 APR) but forgot it. The following is a debate between Shelly Kagan of Yale U and Willliam Lane Craig on the same subject.

http://www.youtube.co...­

Worth watching...
Chris Irwin D.
chrisirwindavis
Group Organizer
Richardson, TX
Post #: 25
Keith, thanks for the link!
Chris Irwin D.
chrisirwindavis
Group Organizer
Richardson, TX
Post #: 26
I notice that the meeting circle seems to be getting smaller each month. I quick glance over the RSVP for each meeting supports that impression. I wonder what we can do to get participation back up?
Alison
spotza
Irving, TX
Post #: 1
Ask people if the reason they haven't come back is related to the group itself. If so, what would they change to make it interesting again.
Chris Irwin D.
chrisirwindavis
Group Organizer
Richardson, TX
Post #: 27
I wondered whether it could be any of the following...

• Day of the week

Scott B.
user 10302406
Dallas, TX
Post #: 42
I'm thinking there's just natural ups and downs of participation. I have a feeling the biggest factor outside of just the usual schedule conflicts is the book selection. Its good to get the newer folks to nominate books!
Scott B.
user 10302406
Dallas, TX
Post #: 43
maybe jason could open a poll titled "What is the most likely reason you would not attend a book club meeting?"

a. Schedule conflict, re-occuring
b. Schedule conflict, other
c. Book Selection
d. Other club members
e. Meeting Format
f. Meeting Length