Dallas Film Photography Club Message Board › Update on our Toy Camera Walk

Update on our Toy Camera Walk

Laidric S.
user 66412392
Dallas, TX
Good Morning, we're 3 days out from what should be a fun walk! If you have never been to Klyde Warren before it is a beautiful new park in-between Uptown and the Arts District, there is always alot of activity, lots of kids playing, people enjoying the summer weather, lots of dogs! I checked the weather and the forecast is calling for a high of 88 and partly cloudy with a 20% chance of rain.

Let plan to meet along the edge of the park (along the service road ) by the food trucks

There are a few parking lots around the park, as it's designed to be accessed by people walking or bicycling in from the surrounding neighborhoods. The best lot to park in is the lot beside Museum Tower (red circle), that parking lot is in-between Pearl St and Olive st.  On the opposite side of the park there is a bank (green circle) that people park at during the weekend in the drive though lanes.

View of the Parking lot from Pearl St:

I am bringing an Extra Holga and a Lubitel 166 if anyone would like to try shooting one of these, they both are medium format cameras so you'll need 120 film. The Holga of course is an exercise in seeing and feeling your way through the photograph, freeing you from such things as focus and exposure! Since it's going to be a cloudy day, 400 speed film works the best!

The Lubitel is a toy camera (I consider it a toy camera) for those who still want some control, it is a TLR and you are able to focus it, and set Fstops from F4-F32 and shutter speeds from 1/4 sec to 1/250. You can guess your exposures for fun or you can bring an external light meter if you want to get exact!
See everyone there!
Laidric

·